Any Ridley Owners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Just wondering if there are many on here?

Got a cracking deal on a Noah SL in Lotto Soudal colours in late November. Absolutely love it and curious as to what their other bikes are like.

vickster

Legendary Member
@Elybazza61 I think

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just wondering if there are many on here?

Got a cracking deal on a Noah SL in Lotto Soudal colours in late November. Absolutely love it and curious as to what their other bikes are like.
My missus has got a custom build Ridley Liz carbon. Built by Carb Cycles, in Barnstaple, to a slightly higher spec than the standard 105 version.
She loves it to bits.:okay:

Mike!

Guru
I've had a Fenix for about 15 months which has now been relegated to my wet weather bike after a took the plunge on a propel in the sale.

Really nice bike, comfortable and hasn't missed a beat although I'm considering a disc brake carbon ride of some sort to replace it soon

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Fairly ubiquitous in cyclocross, less so on the road...
I have never followed CX, but interesting that they are so much bigger in that area of cycling.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I've had a Fenix for about 15 months which has now been relegated to my wet weather bike after a took the plunge on a propel in the sale.

Really nice bike, comfortable and hasn't missed a beat although I'm considering a disc brake carbon ride of some sort to replace it soon
I looked at a Fenix in the shop, whilst waiting for my bike fit. Very nice looking bike too.

Might have a couple:whistle: although one is for sale now.

Main bike is a 2013 Helium SL so same frame as the pro's used to ride(SLX now).Got it as a frameset at a good price as it was an old colour scheme.

Now runs Dura-Ace 9000 with either Hunt race-aero wide tubeless or Winspace carbon tubular(chinese rim on DT Swiss hubs) wheels.

Just changed the stem and bars to Deda Superleggera carbon and a 110 Superhero stem;not done the intrenal cable routing on the bars though as it will mean re-cabling the whole bike's internal set-up,will prob do it when I get the C-Bear ceramic bb fitted.

It's an absolute joy to ride;fly's up any climbs(depending on the rider:whistle:),comfy and handles rough fenland roads too.

A pic with the old bars on(apologies for the shitty saddle bag);

IMG_20170311_131931113_HDR.jpg

And one from last year with the carbon tub wheels;

IMG_20160821_143840897.jpg

And this is the Icarus which is for sale;

IMG_0041.JPG

Now with a mix of 10-speed 105,Sora chainset and Ultegra 6700 brakes(ie not the latest);Zonda wheels are now on the other half's Liv and the wheels on that now on this.

Be sad to see it go but I'm downsizing a bit and a new project is underway to replace this and the Planet X XLS.

Top Bottom