Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
Today was just a case of going for a easy run. I managed to fall over twice. Once, whilst trying to run along a pavement, I managed to fall off the curb, straight onto my arm and knee - which was stripped of skin...this happened just after I was running past a pedestrian, so she will have had a great view of me falling like a block of flats.

Shortly after this, I got a path which is pretty muddy, so thought best to walk to get back to the tarmac. Slipped over, same side as the original fall, and landed with my hand in stinging nettles.

I feel like an absolute plonker, and to top it off, after meeting mates for a curry (where I wasn't drinking as was driving home) I walked straight into a lamppost :wacko:

Drago

Legendary Member
Went to Decathlon today. They got a clearance sale on. All the girly lightweight woos sizes had sold out of almost everything, but plenty of manly XL leg wear and 2XL tops, so I was sorted.

Scored some new running trainers, 2 x pairs leggings, 4 x tops and one x hi vis outer top for £60. All Decathlon own brand, but the leggings and trainers especially are very good.

Done a quick five miles to christen it and get it all muddied up.

Today was just a case of going for a easy run. I managed to fall over twice. Once, whilst trying to run along a pavement, I managed to fall off the curb, straight onto my arm and knee - which was stripped of skin...this happened just after I was running past a pedestrian, so she will have had a great view of me falling like a block of flats.

Shortly after this, I got a path which is pretty muddy, so thought best to walk to get back to the tarmac. Slipped over, same side as the original fall, and landed with my hand in stinging nettles.

I feel like an absolute plonker, and to top it off, after meeting mates for a curry (where I wasn't drinking as was driving home) I walked straight into a lamppost :wacko:
:giggle:

There's some excellent items there (my nearest is Sheffield - still very surprised they've not opened one around Leeds)

I bought a pair of very lightweight, minimalist shoes from there, that I wear (as a psychological boost) at ParkRuns
They were £16, & are 'thermo-nuclear orange

Kit. 2016. Kalenji. Kiprun. 2.JPG Nostell. 83. 1.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
There's some excellent items there (my nearest is Sheffield - still very surprised they've not opened one around Leeds)

I bought a pair of very lightweight, minimalist shoes from there, that I wear (as a psychological boost) at ParkRuns
They were £16, & are 'thermo-nuclear orange

View attachment 151520 View attachment 151521
Being quite heavy I hammer my trainers. The sixteen quid Decathlon ones are as comfy as the forty quid Adidas ones they replaced. If I had to bin them every 8 weeks id still be quid in.

Had to drop daughter off in Leeds this morning, to help out at a trail-race, starting at Kirkstall Abbey

I went prepared, & drove straight over to http://www.parkrun.org.uk/templenewsam/

First time racing there, since 2012, when I chipped my left Femur, just above the knee, after a fall during a (PECO) XC race
I used to race Cyclo-Cross there (1990 - 1996, & 2007 - 2009), but very little of the course was shared

A reasonable time, for a cold (shorts, so leg muscles weren't warm), an unfamiliar course, & quite wet, so treading carefully, as I didn't want another fall
24:04, by my watch

Now to go to work..............................

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Can't even walk up flight of stairs, or get out of a chair without my left hip going nuts so I'm on a rest break.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Samsung's "Speed Endurance" coach was my guide today - this is harder work than the "Endurance Builder" and a longer session too (1hr running, paced by the app, with a 5 minute warm up either side). Quite good fun, although this is the first programme I've used where Ms Samsung has to tell me to speed up, rather than slow down. 11.78km in total (which I think includes the walking pace warm ups). I was glad to reach the part that tapers down to the cool down walk, after what seemed like an age at 9.5km/h

SWSteve

Guru
Woke up at the time I should have finished parkrun. Decided to do a 5km run on my own. Get out the house, do my warm up, press 'lap' on the watch to start a new pace/lap pace calculation then set off to run my 5km.

What felt like an eternity later I scrolled and saw my distance tick to 4km, so pushed really hard to get across the 'line' with a decent effort...then realised that was total distance, not the 5km effort I had planned. Queue trying to carry on, then almost being sick in an underpass because I couldn't keep up with the effort. And I had only ran 3of the 5k I had planned. I felt like a monumental idiot...oh well, there's always tomorrow

flatflr

Guru
That's another half marathon done (11 so far this year). Made the most of the nice weather today for a cross country run with lots of gates, styles and mud. Was hard work but a fun run. 1:48 run time :smile:

I had to drop my daughter off in Leeds, at Kirkstall Abbey to help out with a variety of runs that a family friend was organising (10K, 1/2, a marathon, & a 32 miler)
So, as I was in Leeds, after leaving her, I had a drive over to the east side of the city, & had a go at the Temple Newsam ParkRun

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/templenewsam/

Event 196

An uphill start, quite a cold morning (there had been sheet ice, at Kirkstall Abbey, on the riverside paths), a new course, & a slight wariness - as it was at Temple Newsam where I fell (in 2012) & chipped my Femur

Maybe it was a bad decision to wear shorts, as the legs weren't working properly, a hacking cough didn't help much either, but nothing ventured.....

The results state 41st/160 @ 24:05

Top Bottom