Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flatflr

Guru
That was a cold 5 miles along the canal tow path this evening even with a thermal base layer, gloves and leggings. But nice to see the frost glinting in the light of my head torch. Even saw another nutter run the other way on a section I've run about 50 times before and never seen another soul.

Note to self: get warmer gloves and take a neck warmer next time.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Still suffering from the pulled muscle or something at back of right thigh. Did 5.5 K today at a slow speed 5.05 min per K. Think i need to take some more rest time.

Another cold morning at Nostell on Saturday (#123), second run on the new course

Elected for long-sleeves, but no hat or gloves (& still shorts!!)

Started near the back, I roughly counted maybe 10 - 15 behind me
I was just going to potter round, but.........................
I felt okay, so started weaving around people, making up a few places

Ended up with 32nd/181 @ 24:04 (was 24:20 last week)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I went under 25 minutes at parkrun on Saturday for the first time since July - 24.39 to be exact. Pleasantly surprised at this since I felt really grim when I woke up.

Set off with a couple of friends and managed to keep up with them for a while but had to ease off on the slope (about halfway round the lap) as my knee was playing up. Fell in with another runner and we kept each other going. Pushed through the pain barrier on the second time up the slope and with 1km to go, realised I had a good chance of breaking 25mins, which spurred me on. My companion faded a bit in the last 500m but I pushed on and even took a couple of scalps in the final sprint.

Felt surprisingly good after it as well. So, the upward trend continues. Now gone down with a chest infection though, so hope that won't set me back too much.

U

User169

Half marathon on Saturday. I'd really hoped to break 1:30, but was just outside at 1:30:14.

I had to stop at one point to retie my laces, so am blaming it on that.

One more chance in two weeks time to break the 1:30 barrier.

DRHysted

Guru
Well the rehab is continuing. Two weeks on the cross trainer has been followed today by 20 minutes on the treadmill which arrived this lunch time. Everything feels fine, my physio is happy, but insists I take it slowly. For the next week it's 5 minutes warm up on the cross trainer, 20 to 30 minutes medium pace (about 7.5 to 8mph) on the treadmill, then 5 minutes cool down on the cross trainer. I'm hoping to try a short run in the real world mid December, but as my next booked event is a half marathon next April, I've got plenty of time to get there. Then smash this years time of 1:38 (1:30 or lower is what I want).

flatflr

Guru
No running for me on Sunday as recovering from a night out with my bro who was over from France, but realised how much I missed my run.

But got back on it this evening with 5.5 miles at a fast for me 7:41/mi :smile:

Tin Pot

Guru
Same here - freaking freezing 6 miler at 9:10 pace, I faded badly on the last 3k. Not a perfect night to start running again after so many weeks off!

I've been feeling pretty down about my lack of fitness after that run, and slightly patronised by the sweeper, now I've just checked my record of the training session.

It was supposed to be 9-9:30min miles.

I did the 10k in 9:01min mile pace...I exceeded the target!

The third km was run at 7:45 pace!

No wonder I was feeling bushed on the last three. Grrr.

SteveF

Went away for the weekend and became a Parkrun Tourist, managed a PB of 22:27 which is nearly 40 seconds faster than my previous best... very flat course and most paths obviously helped!

DRHysted

Guru
I've been feeling pretty down about my lack of fitness after that run, and slightly patronised by the sweeper, now I've just checked my record of the training session.

It was supposed to be 9-9:30min miles.

I did the 10k in 9:01min mile pace...I exceeded the target!

The third km was run at 7:45 pace!

No wonder I was feeling bushed on the last three. Grrr.

Never get down about what you have perceived as a bad run. After all a bad run is better than no run.

DanZac

Half marathon on Saturday. I'd really hoped to break 1:30, but was just outside at 1:30:14.

I had to stop at one point to retie my laces, so am blaming it on that.

One more chance in two weeks time to break the 1:30 barrier.

That 1:30's a bit of a swine and my nemasis. I managed 1:30:23, 1:30:10 & 1:30:07 in 3 consecutive halfs in 2014/15 winter then got injured.

I' m hoping that I might get through the magic barrier in the new year though as im feeling pretty good at the moment.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

U

User169

That 1:30's a bit of a swine and my nemasis. I managed 1:30:23, 1:30:10 & 1:30:07 in 3 consecutive halfs in 2014/15 winter then got injured.

I' m hoping that I might get through the magic barrier in the new year though as im feeling pretty good at the moment.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

My problem, such as it is, is simple - I'm overweight! If I could shift a few kgs, I think I could get under 1:30.

Anyway, cross-country races Saturday and Sunday.

Top Bottom