Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flatflr

Guru
Another off road half for me today. Well, 14 miles total in just under 2 hours. That brings me to 12 for the year.

Need to up the mileage and get myself signed up for an ultra next year.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
8 miler today. Not a good run, never got truly in the groove. Huffed and puffed all the away round, never got a rhythm going.

To make things worse I snoozed off this afternoon so ended up running later than planned. Pitch black round the forest doesn't bother me, but almost breaking my neck because I couldn't see my footing does. Head torch on order.

It was the opening round of the Cross-Country series we're in, today

The PECO's, & it was Temple Newsam

http://pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race1.html

Sadly, I now have a bit of a phobia about XC there, as back in 2012, I slipped on a downhill corner (transition from mud, to tarmac path) & clouted my left knee on a rock
I finished (& club-mate, broke his nose on same corner, & needed several stitches)
A few days later, we flew to Florida, & I spent 2 weeks limping round, as I couldn't walk properly
(scans, when I got back home, revealed a chip of the Femur a couple of inches above the knee)

So, no, I didn't run there

Our best placed senior male was 3rd/495^_^

Last edited:

SWSteve

Guru
Went down to Parkrun on Saturday after being woken at 4:30 by other half leaving to travel for a work thing.

What I assume were a couple decided to place themselves very close to the front, and I don't believed they went in to finish there, which made it fun with the other runners around them all trying to pass. Around half way round, my lace decided to work its way lose, so I had to stop and re-tie them, in what I assume cost me 30-40 seconds due to freezing cold hands. Never mind, I'll have to get a PB next week instead (hopefully).

flatflr

Guru
Head torch on order.

I do quite a bit of my running in the dark cross country and got myself a Petzl Tikka RXP, battery last for ages (and can get a battery adaptor which takes 3 AAA batteries if you are on a really long run). It's reactive so if you look as something close like your watch or a map the light dims so you don't have to wait for your eyes to readjust.

flatflr

Guru
Thermals on for a chilly 6 miles on road this evening, pace was a little faster than normal to warm me up:smile:

Hope everybody else is keeping running as the weather gets colder.

Tin Pot

Guru
Same here - freaking freezing 6 miler at 9:10 pace, I faded badly on the last 3k. Not a perfect night to start running again after so many weeks off!

Tin Pot

Guru
Yeah, I have trouble with breathing after exercise in the cold. I cough all night afterwards.

I tried wearing a neck thing over my nose and mouth to warm the air but it didn't last, too restrictive.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Pleased to have gone below 24:30 for a 5km for what I think is the first time, and surprised not to feel as terrible as I usually do during a quick run. 24 minutes, 11 seconds for the distance on Monday last. Boring though they are, I think the slow paced Saturday runs are helping.

Top Bottom