Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thornes Park #114

All standing on the start line, & it started to rain (like it did yesterday here)
There was few groans, & a few shouts of 'lt'll Make You Run Faster!!"^_^

It stopped though, after the few few yards, blew over, & didn't return

A steady paced run, for me, having started quite near the back, & finding gaps when I could, or felt like it
40th @ 24:12 (as a self-time), I'd guess at 200 runners

Kirsty, a friend of mine (& former club-mate, before she changed Clubs)

http://blog.parkrun.com/uk/2016/12/08/the-day-my-legs-went-to-sleep/

I had a little chat/hug with her, before the start, & took these selfies after the finish, & I'd got hat/jersey from the car
(the winter beard was 9 week old yesterday, & not a single hair trimmed yet)

Thornes. 114. 1.jpg Thornes. 114. 2.jpg Thornes. 114. 3.jpg

Stephenite

Membå
Looking very distinguished @Richard A Thackeray. A couple more years and you'll make a cracking Santa ;)

I managed to get to the docs yesterday to be informed that it's a meniscus tear and a tear to ankle ligaments, I was sent for x-ray as there was some question that I may have bone damage but that proved to not be the case, so it's no exercise for me for a while.
I think I might need to go back to the docs, no sign of much improvement to my ankle (after 2 months) which continues to swell up even after gentle spinning on the turbo trainer - I did a few spins last week and one this week just to see how it would react - and my knee continues to click like a clicky thing. Bollocking bollocks...

coldash

Veteran
I think I might need to go back to the docs, no sign of much improvement to my ankle (after 2 months) which continues to swell up even after gentle spinning on the turbo trainer - I did a few spins last week and one this week just to see how it would react - and my knee continues to click like a clicky thing. Bollocking bollocks...
don't know about the knee but I had a similar problem, and still do to an extent, with my ankle. I was later told that it should have been put in a cast to immobilise it. Too late now and I still have to be careful to build up slowly after the winter

Stephenite

Membå
Bollocks indeed. Second and third opinions are (almost) always a good thing.

There was an extra ParkRun, at Pontefract this morning
http://www.parkrun.org.uk/pontefract/news/2016/12/16/festive-period-2016/

A change was made to the course though, instead of the usual lap of lake, lap of race-course, lap of lake, it was an 'out & back' around part of the race-course
Apparantly, it's the longest 'flat' course in the Country
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontefract_Racecourse

Started well back again, after talking to friends, & couldn't actually move for a couple of seconds
Rather oddly, I took exactly the same time, as yesterday at Wakefield (if quite a few places adrift)
65th/215 @ 24:13

Saw a few runners (& riders) that I've not seen for a while, such as Mick & Angela (very good triathlete/duathlete, respectively) & Mark (who was a top-10, in his age-group in Mexico, at the ITU event earlier this year - when Jonny Brownlee went wobbly)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Boxing Day on the fells with Northern Lakes running club. Grim conditions meant the original plan to run up Carrock Fell was curtailed - instead we took a more direct route to the Lingy Hut where we stopped for champagne and mulled wine...

Me outside the hut with Blencathra in the distance:
IMG_4266.JPG

Opening the bubbly:
IMG_4267.JPG

From there it was up to the top of High Pike - lashed by 40mph winds and hail. Then it was downhill all the way to the finish - which is quite interesting with a 40mph tailwind...

10km in total. 386m of climbing. Feeling a bit battered now but very glad I did it, even though my lack of fitness meant I struggled to keep up at times. Good honest Type 2 fun.
https://www.strava.com/activities/811563826

runner

Guru
Unfortunately my running has had to be curtailed due to osteoarthritis in hip...so that will mean a lot more cycling...however I plan on running this little beast on New Years Eve :smile:....the Glastonbury Tor dash!!
www.rogueruns.com

running events with a difference..i'll prob take a few pics when I reach the Tor

Wife & daughter asked me to register them. as part of the (as per each year.....) new year 'get fit'/'lose weight' campaign
Have done so

Ball. Their. Court. Now^_^

Joanne (SWMBO) has already asked which is flattest of the local PRs - all 3 have varying gradients, but I've suggested Nostell Priory first, as it's downhill not long after the start
Granted, daughter is still at School, so has PE twice(??) a week
Liz,* the Games Tutor does include Orienteering, in the school grounds, so Amelia's quite enjoying that at the moment (whether it's taking her mind off the physical side of it, or the mental challenge of finding tags, I have no idea?)

It won't be this weekend. that they have their inaugural visit, as I'm on 'day-turn' Saturday & Sunday, but I have warned them, that I'm working a 'late-turn' on Satuday 7th:okay:

* Liz, who is also a very good Triathlete, rode the Womens race in the 'Tour de Yorkshire' this year, as part of the team she's in
(not sure about an entry this year, when I last spoke with her, as she's changed teams)

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
parkrun, Christmas Eve, turkey timings precluded the trip to Cranleigh on Christmas morning to do theirs, a couple of 5km twiddles during the week, then parkrun Saturday in Horsham as normal, then a Horsham and Crawley (Tilgate) parkrun double yesterday. 100 parkruns is in touching distance.

Last edited:

flatflr

Guru
Kicked the year off today (a day late as peeing down here on the 1st) with a 7 miler today.

Pleased that I didn't put on any weight over the holidays but sure a week skiing from the 20th to the 27th helped with that.

Top Bottom