Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I force myself to run for the fitness benefits. It's made me a better cyclist for sure, helped me regain a decent level of fitness after being forced not to exercise during most of 2017.

Milzy

Guru
I force myself to run for the fitness benefits. It's made me a better cyclist for sure, helped me regain a decent level of fitness after being forced not to exercise during most of 2017.
I think I’ll run as a form of cross training and do some through the winter. Just can’t be bothered chasing PB’s anymore.

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, aside from my 5MM goal I'm not into running stats of any kind. I'm entered in the Dog Jog in September, and I'm fully expecting to come last...unless I feed Lemmy some speed before the event.

Nostell Priory #196 this morning

Started near back again, so practically walking for first 10 seconds or so
Made up a few places, by targeting someone ahead, getting to them, then targeting someone else

Poor showing, but (self timed, so far) 52nd?? @ 26:48

A grim 'Trunce' 4

I even had to cool down at 'Don crossings' 2 & 3 (this was '3')

2018. Trunce. 4. 23.jpg

Last edited:

DRHysted

Guru
Does anyone else not enjoy running in this heat?

I've got this next week and I'm not looking forward to it at the moment - https://www.madbullevents.com/race-the-train-bury-to-rawtenstall

Whilst I enjoy packing away the winter gear, I do dislike the heat. I feel as if I’m wilting.

Despite it being the 70th Anniversary of the NHS, & the special runs, there wasn't a ParkRun for me this morning
Got home last night, from work, hobbling a bit

Over the past few days, the left ankle's been getting red, & warm to the touch
And, on movement, I could feel the tendons in their sheaths (& practically hear them)
Hey-ho!, I think Tenosynovitis has come to visit again, I've had it before, but in a wrist

Injuries. 6.JPG

Milzy

Guru
Despite it being the 70th Anniversary of the NHS, & the special runs, there wasn't a ParkRun for me this morning

And, on movement, I could feel the tendons in their sheaths (& practically hear them)
Hey-ho!, I think Tenosynovitis has come to visit again, I've had it before, but in a wrist

View attachment 413289
I’ve never seen this before. :sad:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Managed my best parkrun of the year so far and only 11 seconds off my overall PB..
Shows what a Friday night without alcohol can do!

View attachment 413289

Self-diagnosis, based on past injuries can be wrong
I booked in, at work, after several hectic hours
The verdict of the ENP, and second opinion of the Registrar

Cellulitis...…….
The tendon 'creaking' is probably due to the infection (causing the Cellulitis), also causing a swelling of the tendon sheath

There's not a lot of flesh at that point for the infection to go many places...……….. apart from spread

Anti-biotics (Flucloxacillin), rest, elevation
So. on sick now, till after my days-off next week (Wed/Thurs)

NO bike riding, no running...……………….

Top Bottom