Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just done a 5k run. Thermometer is still say 30 degrees and it felt it.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Ran my 1st Parkrun this morning.... at Chipping Sodbury in South Gloucestershire.
Nice event with lots of friendly volunteers & fellow runners.
Good flat course, managed to do it in 31:41.

300 runners in today's event. Just had results email.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
My wife started running in March, initially on the treadmill at the gym, then joined a local Couch to 5k group in April and did her first parkrun in June. She's been averaging around 42 minutes, with a PB of 41.42, but today I ran as 40 minute pacer, finishing almost bang on the 40 minute mark, and she finished a few seconds ahead of me. Very proud of her. Annoyingly, though, the official results seem to be a bit skewed today, so she's been given an official time of 40.03 (and I was given 40.14, which is definitely not right). Grrr!

Lately, I've been doing a lot more parkrun volunteering, rather than running for myself. Current level of fitness is such that I'm not able to achieve a time I'd be happy with so I'm finding other ways to get some enjoyment from my running - I was even tail walker a couple of weeks ago, which was fun, and I've been talked into being a run director as well.

I'm keen to start getting my fitness back though, and start clocking some decent times again.

Znook

aka PureZOOG
Nice one @smutchin No running for me today as I was Run Directing, in fact I haven't run since last Sunday. Having now had a glass or three of the vino I won't be running today, so will target to do a run a day starting from tomorrow with a freedom run at the junior parkrun in the morning :smile:

DRHysted

Guru
Quite happy with this

Attachments

• 88A56935-A515-413C-9B6D-F852E1E84AE9.png
    88A56935-A515-413C-9B6D-F852E1E84AE9.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 42

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We had a celebrity Olympic gold medal winnings starter at today’s parkrun.
My new claim to fame is that I managed to lap Christine Ohuruogu.
But she was the tail end Charlie so it doesn’t really count.

stephec

Legendary Member
We had a celebrity Olympic gold medal winnings starter at today’s parkrun.
My new claim to fame is that I managed to lap Christine Ohuruogu.
But she was the tail end Charlie so it doesn’t really count.
We were supposed to have a taekwondo bloke, but same as the boxer last year he never turned up.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yesterday's Dog Jog was sweltering. Only 3.2 miles, but by God they were hard ones. I was also concerned for Lemmy in the heat, so didn't press on too hard and let him slurp at each water stop. 32 mins, slower than the proper racers, faster than everyone else - my usual spot on my own in the middle.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Anyone doing the Birmingham Half Marathon Sunday just out of interest? Its a great race to do

Top Bottom