Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Race shorts and vest. You should be fine.

Even then I'll boil.

Here's me at the white peak half a few weeks ago, the first time I smiled was when I saw the photographer at mile nine.

In that vest is 500ml of water and 250ml of energy drink, I went through all of that plus a drink at every water station, and chucked a cup of water over my head.

WPHM.JPG

Whilst I enjoy packing away the winter gear, I do dislike the heat. I feel as if I’m wilting.

Same here. :smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
If someone tells you that it's a good idea to chase a train through the countryside at the hottest time of the day then tell them to do one, especially with a course profile like this.

Cadpture.JPG

Drago

Legendary Member
Did one of my favourite loops this morning, out to the next village and back via the local wind farm. However, one stretch of bridleway was so overgrown I was forced to stop and walk for about 1/4 mile because I couldn't see where my feet were going. Flipping annoying.

stephec

Legendary Member
It's the Southport 10k for me tomorrow morning, and it's going to be 20°c at the 09::00 kick off, I can hardly wait.

Last Sunday I did the Wilmslow half, and the crazies didn't start it until half ten, I'm just glad my mate was injured so that I had an excuse to jog along and keep her company. It was the first time I've been sunburnt for years, I'm still sporting a nice white vest silhouette.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I`ve not been a good lad of late, 4 weeks since my last run until last night. Sometimes life just gets in the way of stuff... Anyway 5.5 miles last night, it was painful but going to make a concerted effort to try and keep it going now I`m back from the summer holiday.

DanZac

Been down in Cornwall for work this week and managed to squeeze in 2 runs along the South coast path. 9 miles of hilly goodness in the evening sun last night though was possibly the best run ever! Beautiful scenery, Sun glinting off the sea, plenty of wildlife and more hills than you could shake a stick at. Made all the winter miles and days when it's a struggle to drag myself out so worth it!

Stephenite

Membå
I'm still dripping with sweat half an hour after!

Just done 5k in 30min in plus 30 degrees. Before today I've only run 15km in the last eight months due to injury, lost mojo, and being on my feet all day at work. Doing a sprint tri in a couple of weeks so need to get the legs used to it.

DRHysted

Guru
Well after doing the Lordshill 10k last month in under 43 minutes with a slight pull. I then did the Lepe Loop 10k on the 7th and pulled the right calf on the final beech section (crossed the line in 10th out of 194 still). So starting to rebuild the running yet again, which means I’m happy with this mornings run.

Attachments

• 718F43A1-EC51-4980-BF3D-81B03CCE6C73.png
    718F43A1-EC51-4980-BF3D-81B03CCE6C73.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 50

Breedon

Legendary Member
I tried doing a brick run last night (Monday) but it was still around 29-30 degrees at 4.30pm I gave up at around 3 miles struggling quite a bit and completely wiped out.
I've had enough of this heat now, won't be able to do any running till Saturday at the park run

Top Bottom