Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
Good going. You’d go better than 2:30 on a half though! You could run a 5k then walk the next 16 in two hours

I'm an occasional runner, used to volunteer at parkrun more than I ran. Been running a bit more due to circumstances and feeling good. My PB at parkrun is 25.39, last week I ran 25 mins exactly so really pleased with that. Wasn't to out of breath either. If temperatures keep low will run a bit more often and see if I can lower it further.

Yesterday my crazy daughter ( supported by me and my girlfriend) ran the 55KM off road sandstone Trail for Charity
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bryony-board2
Conditions were mud and rain basically. Slip sliding all the way so took her around 8 hours. She was remarkably fresh nearly all the way through. Some photos below. She had a friend run a few miles with her, but she is equally crazy as a few months pregnant.
sorry photos not very well focussed.
(did not drink enough in my opinion)

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
Yesterday my crazy daughter ( supported by me and my girlfriend) ran the 55KM off road sandstone Trail for Charity
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bryony-board2
Conditions were mud and rain basically. Slip sliding all the way so took her around 8 hours. She was remarkably fresh nearly all the way through. Some photos below. She had a friend run a few miles with her, but she is equally crazy as a few months pregnant.
sorry photos not very well focussed.
(did not drink enough in my opinion) View attachment 564352

View attachment 564353

View attachment 564354

View attachment 564355
I'll never understand long distance running for hours at a time, a few years ago I started training for a marathon but after getting up to fifteen miles I got bored, 10k is my favourite race distance. 😊

To do that trail as part of an organised race would be impressive, but to do it alone at this time of year is even more top class.

I'll never understand long distance running for hours at a time, a few years ago I started training for a marathon but after getting up to fifteen miles I got bored, 10k is my favourite race distance. 😊

To do that trail as part of an organised race would be impressive, but to do it alone at this time of year is even more top class.
She had started training this year for Iron Man and of course they were cancelled so she started to get lazy. So she decided to giver her self something to train for, for motivation, also she had put some weight on and running would get rid of it . A bit in-convenient for us with the timing but she does not ask for much ever so we supported her. I was a runner for many years as I was in the army, never particularly liked it but it was necessary.

stephec

Legendary Member
She had started training this year for Iron Man and of course they were cancelled so she started to get lazy. So she decided to giver her self something to train for, for motivation, also she had put some weight on and running would get rid of it . A bit in-convenient for us with the timing but she does not ask for much ever so we supported her. I was a runner for many years as I was in the army, never particularly liked it but it was necessary.
I know a few people who've done Ironman, not for me thanks. 😊

SWSteve

Guru

when marathon training (albeit for a trail marathon) I tried to run in different places for my Sunday long runs, making it more enjoyable and less repetitive.

Spartak