Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Last week I set out to run Five 5K 's on consecutive days, I didn't know how my body would take it but managed it okay.
By day five I was feeling okay... :okay:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Good going. You’d go better than 2:30 on a half though! You could run a 5k then walk the next 16 in two hours

Finally managed to get to Half Marathon distance....

Started well and settled into a good pace, I'd planned a route to allow me to bail out if needed, but managed to keep going although as you can see from above I slowed during the last 5K.
So pleased to achieve the distance, I'll now work on trying to beat my time... :okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
I keep saying that I'll do a half again some day.

I've done three already, two in 25°c heat that were horrible, and my first one that was undulating round two laps of Tatton Park, my hamstrings cramped at nine miles and I had to jeff to the finish, it probably didn't help that I'd never run more than ten miles before that.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Yesterday I kept my years challenge going of running a 10K in each calendar month, headed out along the Bristol / Bath cycle path to the tunnel at Staple Hill, recent rain had made this flooded in some parts, I then ran back through the lovely Page Park and thru Downend.
10K in 59 mins... :okay:

Been months since I posted and I seem to have turned into a runner, can't seem to make myself ride. Rode twelve times in March and probably between 5-10 times since. Used to run about once a month doing parkrun, around 27-28 mins for 5k, have volunteered more than I've run. Have managed to run under 24 mins a couple of timesbut have found I like longer distances. First 10k was around 54 and recently did a 10k race, if I hadn't been held up in the first mile would've broken 50 mins. Tried a half marathon which hurt, was amazed to find I was under 2 hours, by 40 secs!

Milzy

Guru
I used to do sub 40 10k’s often but went all in on cycling. I hate running in summer & hate cycling in winter. Sometimes think about going for a plod in the rain. Regular running reverses your cellular body age. I’m not sure if it’s the exact same for cycling.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm trying desperately to get back into running after really not feeling it all year. I've really got back into cycling which is GOOOD but running is so much more time efficient for weekdays - I can't bring myself to ride in the dark or bad weather for 'fun'. I've signed up for a HM as motivation but it's not working!

I stopped running in the summer, I didn't like doing it in in the heat..

And of course longer sessions of cycling are more feasible with longer days.
And there's the beach, and and...

I'm going to take it up again in a couple of weeks time though, as it did make me feel so much better..Throughout the winter, having that big old burst of exercise in just an hour.

I didn't lose fitness so much.

Where I am though there's lots of splishy sploshy , fun muddy tracks and high heathland to run on..
I guess it's harder if you've not got that..

Tbh I never really 'felt like' going running, in the way that I often randomly 'feel like' going for a bike ride..

I think you have to make an appointment with yourself (or even someone else) and just go for it.

No questions asked of yourself as to whether you want to, or feel like it .
Because its sooo easy to say you'll do it tomorrow..:whistle:

Is there some other reward or incentive you can give yourself, if the half marathon goal isn't doing it for you ,??

Cirrus

Veteran
I'm trying desperately to get back into running after really not feeling it all year. I've really got back into cycling which is GOOOD but running is so much more time efficient for weekdays - I can't bring myself to ride in the dark or bad weather for 'fun'. I've signed up for a HM as motivation but it's not working!
I find creating a plan tends to work for me, I set one up on Garmin connect and it syncs with my watch, which then tells me what to do. I can get quite unfocussed so having a plan helps, once I have one I tend to follow it!

Done a few halves but only one marathon so far, had a crazy notion to try and do a marathon in each of the English counties but doubt it will ever happen...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My November goal is to do 100 miles - I used to do this as a matter of course, but haven't done it for over a year now. I might let myself spend some money on Velovixen if I achieve it :smile:

Maybe write yourself a fancy curlicued 'Promisary Award Certificate' regarding that spending.
With a picture of what you'll buy, and then stick it on the fridge, or by the front door maybe to remind yourself.

Or even have graded amounts of 'reward' depending on what mileage you achieve..

Depends on what motivates you really :smile:

Top Bottom