Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Znook

aka PureZOOG
@Richard A Thackeray I was in the same boat, but due to a hernia and waiting on surgery then recovery from same. It's amazing how much fitness you lose when you're not active. This past Saturday was my second parkrun, so getting myself back into it now six weeks post surgery. My times are pants but that's to be expected, but I'll keep at it probably including a bit of treadmill work during the week.

All the best in getting back your fitness, same to anyone else in the same situation.

Good morning,

No I am not a runner! I used to be but decided to run along the river bank at dawn about 6 weeks ago,

unfortunately it remained dark in this section, there's lot of trees, and I ran off the paved area onto the mud, and the drop is bigger than it appears in this picture.:blush:

Twisted ankle was fine soon as I have a bike with flat pedals and can ride it with my instep/heel, for some reason the pulled calf is taking longer to heal.:sad:

So if you see a 1,500 lumens bike light where you are running, it is overflow from me being more sensible.

Bye

Ian

Venod

Eh up
@Richard A Thackeray

Richard have you any influence at Pontefract Park Run ? I have run round the racecourse numerous times but I have only done the Park Run 5K twice because I find the laps round the lake unnecessary and if wet or icy dangerous with the corners, it also has the general public walking and fishing, all it needs is the start moving back a bit and the finish moving to somewhere opposite the racecourse stands to make it a safer course.

@Richard A Thackeray

Richard have you any influence at Pontefract Park Run ? I have run round the racecourse numerous times but I have only done the Park Run 5K twice because I find the laps round the lake unnecessary and if wet or icy dangerous with the corners, it also has the general public walking and fishing, all it needs is the start moving back a bit and the finish moving to somewhere opposite the racecourse stands to make it a safer course.
Email address is pontefract@parkrun.com

@Richard A Thackeray

Sorry, none what so ever
I know a few of the main people, but that’s all

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So we have to trick or reward our 'lazy @rse' selves in into 'doing what's good for us'...

Its quite hard.to overcome our instincts to do less.
Without some kind of tangible rewards..

Reporting in, @mudsticks! I am doing so well this month!

I set myself the arbitrary goal of 100 miles this month - something I did every month for YEARS but haven't done since at least the pandemic! I set out how many miles I needed to run on my calendar and...I'm doing it. I'm back at running club every Monday and I'm roping friends into my long weekend runs. And I've dangled myself a Rapha carrot on a stick at the end if I do it!

Best of all... I'm enjoying it. And I'm getting stronger and fitter! It's brilliant. I even found myself running loops round my village in the dark, rain and cold last Friday night and buzzing about it. You are an excellent motivator - thank you.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Reporting in, @mudsticks! I am doing so well this month!

I set myself the arbitrary goal of 100 miles this month - something I did every month for YEARS but haven't done since at least the pandemic! I set out how many miles I needed to run on my calendar and...I'm doing it. I'm back at running club every Monday and I'm roping friends into my long weekend runs. And I've dangled myself a Rapha carrot on a stick at the end if I do it!

Best of all... I'm enjoying it. And I'm getting stronger and fitter! It's brilliant. I even found myself running loops round my village in the dark, rain and cold last Friday night and buzzing about it. You are an excellent motivator - thank you.

Ace and brilliant well done you, and sociable too .. :okay:

Carrots all the way..

I've not got back to it yet myself, but I did a fair old mileage stomping around Glasgow these last couple of weeks
(especially the times I got a bit lost :blush:)

Unfortunately I brought a head cold home too, but so long as it doesn't go to my chest I'll be off out for an exploratory wiggle round the commons this weekend..

Building up very gradually.
Walk run, walk run.

Like you I want to enjoy it , so I keep at it..

None of this 'no pain no gain ' nonsense.

No pain, is no pain, and much more fun..

Your success is motivating me now.

I'm actually looking forward to it ..

I got up to doing 12 miles in one go, last year..

And it'll do me, if I can do that again...

That's a 'riverside run' to the sea and back :smile:

Now for the reward .. Apart from just doing it.

Hmm, I'm half thinking a train ticket to Southern Spain for a break in February..??

I am so worth it after all ^_^

Spartak