Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Reporting in, @mudsticks! I am doing so well this month!

I set myself the arbitrary goal of 100 miles this month - something I did every month for YEARS but haven't done since at least the pandemic! I set out how many miles I needed to run on my calendar and...I'm doing it. I'm back at running club every Monday and I'm roping friends into my long weekend runs. And I've dangled myself a Rapha carrot on a stick at the end if I do it!

Best of all... I'm enjoying it. And I'm getting stronger and fitter! It's brilliant. I even found myself running loops round my village in the dark, rain and cold last Friday night and buzzing about it. You are an excellent motivator - thank you.
Hows it going @Cathryn ??

Still getting out there and enjoying it I hope..
Even if it's more like bog snorkeling sometimes.:blink:

I'm settling into a routine of three X five mile 'runs' a week, just under an hour..
Muddy and hilly and sloshy and fun, and the bare bones of the trees are beautiful.

As the days draw out, I'm planning to make the weekend run a bit longer to get back towards that 12 miles in one go, target..

I like the fittening up part of course , but I'm finding there's something about running - more so even than hiking or cycling, that really helps to shake out the negativity , and overthinking..

Oh and of course doing the all important stretching afterwards too. :angel:

Hope yr still on it anyhow 👍🏼🌳💃👍🏼🔥
Did you earn yr Rapha carrot yet ???

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hey! I loved my Nov challenge! I had a step back in December (school nativity and then a ski trip) but am now trying to run 3 x weekly with a long run of 6 miles max at the weekend. I didn’t love the longer runs!

I haven’t yet bought my Rapha carrot…I keep scouring the sales!!

I think my Jan - March goal is to get faster at the 5k. I’d love to get under 27 mins again, that feels like a stretching but do-able goal! And it frees up weekends to ride my bike!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Hey! I loved my Nov challenge! I had a step back in December (school nativity and then a ski trip) but am now trying to run 3 x weekly with a long run of 6 miles max at the weekend. I didn’t love the longer runs!

I haven’t yet bought my Rapha carrot…I keep scouring the sales!!

I think my Jan - March goal is to get faster at the 5k. I’d love to get under 27 mins again, that feels like a stretching but do-able goal! And it frees up weekends to ride my bike!

Good news - i imagine ski trips are fairly energetic as well though.

All the best with your speeding up if that's your goal -

i think i'm definitely a distance over speed type person - same with my cycling and hiking in the main - just-keep-going
although I've an unfair advantage of quite long legs - which means I've got a bit of a built in speed advantage already ..

Anyhoo up so long as we're enjoying it, and we're not getting injured - can't afford for that to happen :blink:

Well its none of my business of course, but I'd say don't settle for 'discount' ' rewards' - the point is you worked for it - go for the full price splurge I'd say - or you could be waiting months ..

And you need to get the next, 'sub 27' incentive lined up in your sights :smile:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Good news - i imagine ski trips are fairly energetic as well though.

All the best with your speeding up if that's your goal -

i think i'm definitely a distance over speed type person - same with my cycling and hiking in the main - just-keep-going
although I've an unfair advantage of quite long legs - which means I've got a bit of a built in speed advantage already ..

Anyhoo up so long as we're enjoying it, and we're not getting injured - can't afford for that to happen :blink:

Well its none of my business of course, but I'd say don't settle for 'discount' ' rewards' - the point is you worked for it - go for the full price splurge I'd say - or you could be waiting months ..

And you need to get the next, 'sub 27' incentive lined up in your sights :smile:
You are an excellent cheerleader and I am grateful for your encouragement!

Spartak