Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Completed the planned 18 mile run this morning. Up and out early (6am) to make the most of the place being quiet and it, hopefully, being cooler. A bit of lingering overnight sea mist kept the temperature down but, just before halfway (when I was a little inland, the sun was breaking through and if was getting too warm for my liking in places. In the last quarter of the run I got back nearer the coast and the cooler temperatures.

I’d previously run the exact same route when training for London last year and Strava tells me today was 6 seconds a kilometre quicker on average, so pleased with that.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I managed an extremely slow 8 miles trying, and mostly succeeding to keep my heart rate in zone 2.

Anyone else get bothered by a headache a few hours after running? I try and make sure I’m hydrated, eat and drink when I get back, etc but never seem to totally avoid one. Hoping if I can reduce a bit of weight and run more frequently they will lessen.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Just found the photos from the Killer Mile on Bryan Dale's website.

This was on the bit where it ramps up beyond 20%, at about the 3/4 mile mark. I knew that this was where the race would be won or lost, so I'd run a little bit within myself up to this point, and really pushed here. Strava says that the lowest my pace dipped was 6:37/km, whereas last time (2016) it dropped to 8:50/km.

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpg
    IMG_1838.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1

Tenkaykev

Guru
A real struggle to get round yesterday's 10k race. Weirdly the quads in my left leg felt like I'd already run a marathon, while my right quads felt ok. About 15 minutes slower than expected😮
Physio appointment booked for Friday🤞

Jameshow

Veteran
Just found the photos from the Killer Mile on Bryan Dale's website.

This was on the bit where it ramps up beyond 20%, at about the 3/4 mile mark. I knew that this was where the race would be won or lost, so I'd run a little bit within myself up to this point, and really pushed here. Strava says that the lowest my pace dipped was 6:37/km, whereas last time (2016) it dropped to 8:50/km.

Hard work!

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Manchester 10k on the telly at 11am. Start time 11.30am. I'll stick it on and watch. Mo Farrah's second last race.

Chislenko

Veteran
Another Park Run completed this morning, a bit slower than last week but felt "comfortable" at the end so must have paced myself better.

Strikingly low turnout compared to previous weeks, my cynical mind asks myself if some people have boycotted due to the current transgender row.

For those who haven't read the story a lady in South Wales has lost all her course records to basically a bloke who now identifies as a woman.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Another Park Run completed this morning, a bit slower than last week but felt "comfortable" at the end so must have paced myself better.

Strikingly low turnout compared to previous weeks, my cynical mind asks myself if some people have boycotted due to the current transgender row.

For those who haven't read the story a lady in South Wales has lost all her course records to basically a bloke who now identifies as a woman.

It’s making a mockery of fair competition. Sooner all sports do what British Cycling has the better. Better not say any more or it’ll be shut down. :sad:

Top Bottom