Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Saturday just gone, worked my ass off and took 12 seconds of my PB at Park Run.

Think I am now close to reaching the point of not getting any better.

I think there is a proper saying to cover that something along the lines of gains and diminishing returns?

Not only do my legs not work anymore it seems my brain doesn't either !!!

Jameshow

Veteran
Ok up the 5k age gradings and I sure there is more to take off!!

At 45 to be decent at 5k I'd need to be running 16mins!🤣🤣🤣

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've been glued to Springwatch live on the BBC as it's being filmed locally. Yesterday they had a segment from Durlston Country Park in Swanage. It's a relatively new parkrun location and well worth a visit, though beware, it's vicious, even the downhill bits are challenging.

stephec

Legendary Member
Is anyone still running in this, I chickened out of a tempo run last night, although in my defence I had planned this as a recovery week anyway?

Even worse though, half twelve on Sunday I saw a bloke out running near me with a dog running alongside him, what a bellend.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Is anyone still running in this, I chickened out of a tempo run last night, although in my defence I had planned this as a recovery week anyway?

Even worse though, half twelve on Sunday I saw a bloke out running near me with a dog running alongside him, what a bellend.

I doubt if I could run in it, even early this morning felt too warm. I’m not enjoying it and spending most of the day indoors in front of a fan.

Chislenko

Veteran

One person definitely running in this heat is this guy. Currently at 65 of 102.

I didn't know he was local to me so will try and find his run route for tomorrow and go and give him some encouragement.

https://www.220triathlon.com/news/sean-conway-starts-second-attempt-at-102-irons-in-102-days/

Chislenko

Veteran
Here is his bike ride today. Unbeknown to me I actually shared some Strava segments with him today.

Quite how he manages to find a 112 mile route with so little elevation!

Screenshot_20230613-185045.png

Start of the Midnight Sun Marathon was delayed a little due due two ambulances heading through the start area to attend an incident. Hope all involved are ok.

Following the delayed start we got under. Conditions were good, sunny but not too warm and a cooling artic wind in parts. I’d thought long and hard about what to wear and the shorts and T shirt option was correct for me.

The event was well supported throughout, especially at the finish in town.

Finished exactly where I had predicted in pre race training, 7 minutes inside by previous PB and now comfortably under 3 hours 40.

Top Bottom