Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Nice run up to the top of Ikley moor tonight 10miles in 1h30.

Rain had just stopped so it was deserted.

Lovely summer house and some very grumpy rams!!
View attachment 698409

View attachment 698410

View attachment 698407

View attachment 698408

Walk/ ran a similar route with Mrs Tenkaykev, about ten years ago. Coincidentally, about 40ish years ago I was sent on a course at Brook / Crompton Parkinson and stayed at a hotel in Ilkley that has since become a " Spoons" pub.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just had a chat with my friend who lives near Javea in Spain. He was going to head out for a run this morning but it was already 27 degrees at 7:30am. He went for a swim instead, " roll on Autumn " was his parting comment.

Chislenko

Veteran
I am beginning to wonder if the "private part" of my daily run actually resembles "private parts"

Screenshot_20230718-223016-804.png

Jameshow

Veteran
I've got a sore achilles ATM. Esp in morning or when Im not walking / running but improves when I do. Any ideas how to improve it?

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'd advise against stretching if it is sore. If you put a Sorbothane heel pad or a piece of orthopaedic felt into your shoe on the affected side to give relief, meanwhile do " cross friction " with your fingers several times a day, and elevate the leg / apply ice. Once the discomfort has gone then remove the heel pad and start some gentle stretching, building up to the heel raise lower on the stairs that mo mentioned.
If you have a local sports physio they can take a look, it can be expensive but perhaps one visit for evaluation and advice might be worth it.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Nice run up to the top of Ikley moor tonight 10miles in 1h30.

Rain had just stopped so it was deserted.

Lovely summer house and some very grumpy rams!!
The obvious question; did you wear a hat?

Jameshow

Veteran
I'd advise against stretching if it is sore. If you put a Sorbothane heel pad or a piece of orthopaedic felt into your shoe on the affected side to give relief, meanwhile do " cross friction " with your fingers several times a day, and elevate the leg / apply ice. Once the discomfort has gone then remove the heel pad and start some gentle stretching, building up to the heel raise lower on the stairs that mo mentioned.
If you have a local sports physio they can take a look, it can be expensive but perhaps one visit for evaluation and advice might be worth it.

It's fine once moving just sore in morning or after watching tdf!

Hicky

Guru
Ms has done two sessions with the local(competitive) running club and loving it, she's got a track session for her final freebie taster, I hate running but have to do it. With the rain this week I'm shelving the bike and digging out the trainers....I shall be mostly grumpy for a while until I've got a reasonable amount of miles in the legs....:blush:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Walked down to parkrun on Saturday and watched Mrs Tenkaykev. I'm still not recovered enough to run, there's a particular point in my running arm swing that impinges on a nerve in the shoulder where my arm broke. Hopefully another couple of weeks will sort it out🤞

Top Bottom