Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cirrus

Veteran
Slow 8k beach run today, not roasting hot but the humidity was hampering me!

Chislenko

Veteran
Apologies all, can't really be bothered with this site anymore so haven't updated.

Just to report Sean Conway 102 completed day 72 today.

I plan to run a few miles with him on Friday, so may update again after run.

In awe of the bloke.

Jameshow

Veteran
Steady 10k for me. Nothing too strenuous. Did feal heavy too much chocolate!!

Going to increase it next Tuesday and following son has tuition 5.30-6.30 so time for good run after. Or fast canal run during.

Leaving Thursday clear for club run, which I did last week with fastest group no probs.

Jameshow

Veteran
I was supporting my younger son at the Hope24 this weekend. It's an off-road 5 mile course with hills and tree-roots. He suffered quite badly from the heat, and cramped up later on. Still managed 70 miles and 14th place out of 100 solo runners.

Well done I could never do a 5mile loop over and over!

Lakeland 50 miles in Oct looks fun!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Not run since taking a tumble at parkrun on 3rd June. " Impact fracture to the proximal humerus " , or broken arm to the rest of us saw me in A+E and in some considerable pain. I'm on the mend, and doing lots of Physio, but the site and nature of the injury means that the way my arms move when running gets painful very quickly. Hopefully another couple of weeks should see me back in action. I've been doing lots of walking, but breaking into a jog is still quite painful.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I was supporting my younger son at the Hope24 this weekend. It's an off-road 5 mile course with hills and tree-roots. He suffered quite badly from the heat, and cramped up later on. Still managed 70 miles and 14th place out of 100 solo runners.

Great effort, must have been even more exhausting watching out for trip hazards after dark, especially when the fatigue really sets in. Has he got past the " Never ever again " stage yet? 😉

Jameshow

Veteran
Not run since taking a tumble at parkrun on 3rd June. " Impact fracture to the proximal humerus " , or broken arm to the rest of us saw me in A+E and in some considerable pain. I'm on the mend, and doing lots of Physio, but the site and nature of the injury means that the way my arms move when running gets painful very quickly. Hopefully another couple of weeks should see me back in action. I've been doing lots of walking, but breaking into a jog is still quite painful.

Ouch that sounds painful very painful?!

https://ota.org/for-patients/find-info-body-part/3831#/+/0/score,date_na_dt/desc/

Tenkaykev

Guru

Thanks for the link, yes it was extremely painful at the time, and continues to be a bit like having toothache in my shoulder if that makes sense. I was fortunate? in that it was the sixth anniversary of Upton house parkrun, a couple of other local parkruns had been cancelled, and for the more geeky parkrunners it was a Fibonacci number! This made for a very busy event and it was the sheer number of people around me that meant I didn't spot the tree root that resulted in my spectacular face plant. Among those who stopped to help me were two hospital consultants, a GP, two nurses, a Policewoman and a Physiotherapist who looked after me while we waited for the Ambulance to arrive and make its way along the track. 👍

Jameshow

Veteran
Thanks for the link, yes it was extremely painful at the time, and continues to be a bit like having toothache in my shoulder if that makes sense. I was fortunate? in that it was the sixth anniversary of Upton house parkrun, a couple of other local parkruns had been cancelled, and for the more geeky parkrunners it was a Fibonacci number! This made for a very busy event and it was the sheer number of people around me that meant I didn't spot the tree root that resulted in my spectacular face plant. Among those who stopped to help me were two hospital consultants, a GP, two nurses, a Policewoman and a Physiotherapist who looked after me while we waited for the Ambulance to arrive and make its way along the track. 👍

Probably the best place you injure yourself a parkrun!🤣
That or a kids playground in Ikley!

Jameshow

Veteran
Nice run up to the top of Ikley moor tonight 10miles in 1h30.

Rain had just stopped so it was deserted.

Lovely summer house and some very grumpy rams!!
IMG-20230710-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20230710-WA0021.jpeg

IMG-20230710-WA0026.jpeg

IMG-20230710-WA0023.jpeg

Top Bottom