Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
Hill training tonight with the club. First time in weeks. Need to go to the library first though. Could cheerfully curl up on the sofa with a plate of scampi and chips instead.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I went out for a 10k a couple of hours ago in the rain, didn't feel like i pushed it particularly hard today but I feel like crap since i got home. Light headed, nauseous, stomach ache etc. :sad:

On the plus side my new trainers were very comfy and dont look shiny white anymore.

wanda2010

Guru
My first cross country race later today and all I want to do is go back to bed. It'll be a muddy one too. Now where did I put my spikes?

Well the 'Withins' was a bit wetter than last year, with LOTS of boggy bits, and that went on for hundreds of yards too.
The weather was gorgeous!, blue skies, and temperatures in the mid-teens (ti the point that I regretted wearing a tshirt under my vest within 2miles!)
Had a bad start, losing far too many places and having to make them up wherever I could.

Despite wanting to get 'under the hour', I'm fairly happy with a (provisional, at the moment) time of 136th/302 @ 1.01:23

https://plus.google.com/photos/110439573756197443848/albums/5801821466951402145?banner=pwa

http://www.photos-dsb.co.uk/withens 2012/index.html (seniors start from page 10)

My first cross country race later today and all I want to do is go back to bed. It'll be a muddy one too. Now where did I put my spikes?
Well?????
Come on Wanda, how did you do ??.(reckon you placed better than I did at the 'Withins')

wanda2010

Guru
I completed my first cross country race in a time of 35:58. I was 241 out of 328 finishers. The distance was 4 miles, although I had to search for that information as it wasn't publicised very well :rolleyes:. Gloriously muddy with a little 'stream' to jump over immediately followed by a very steep section. It was a tad warm so short sleeves would have been a good idea, but I enjoyed the experience nevertheless.

After crawling home I rested and ate/drank like it was going out of style as I was doing the Cabbage Patch 10 mile race the following day. Well, I call it a race but my racing days were over long ago. Nowadays I run and hope to finish in a good time ^_^. To my shock I completed the course in 1:25. Crikey! I thought I'd, hopefully, finish in 1:30, based on my training runs so when I saw my time I was convinced the clock was wrong/an error had been made :laugh: I enjoyed the course and would like to do it again next year.

Next race is on 3 November - Reigate Relays. I'm no speed merchant, just making up the numbers. Thankfully the younger/faster club members will make it worthwhile.

zigzag

Veteran
did my second parkrun last saturday, pushed to my limit, came fourth in 19:26, felt dizzy and nearly got sick after finishing

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I did an 8 mile run yesterday, was in a bit of discomfort but pushed on through it. Stopped outside my house to cool down before stretching etc and when I when to stand up again nearly fell over...couldnt put any weight on my left leg... today I'm still struggling to walk, my hip joint feels like its bruised to touch and still can't put weight through it... what have i done!???

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Sounds like you guys did good :smile:

Just got a new pair of Nike Air Pegasus, after buying some Asics Cumulus a few days ago, both about 70% off in Sports Direct clearance, theres a few good deals online if youve got big or small feet :smile:

zigzag

Veteran
A damned good time!!!, obviously dependant on the site used.

My local Park-Run is Pontefract & it's certainly not a flat course (think my PB is about 21:20, but not been at all this year - so far)

thanks Rich, the course is almost flat, but there are quite a few tight corners where speed drops. i'm happy with the time, to go any quicker i'd need to start training..

Top Bottom