Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I might need to borrow your legs and lungs for my cross country races zigzag. I'd return them in good nick, I promise ^_^
Can I be next in line, if you don't need them?

We start our 'XC' series shortly (hope not to jigger a knee up at this seasons races, was annoying to do it last year - losing 4 months running/competition)

We're hosting the first one of the series (aided by Rothwell Harriers), down at Fitzwilliam Country Park
http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/index.html

zigzag

Veteran
^^ my carcass and other useless parts (brain etc.) would go in a bundle - this can turn out to be a hindrance rather than assistance..

wanda2010

Guru
Well tonight was my first speed track session with the club in more than a few weeks. When I say 'speed' I mean something a crawling baby could manage with ease. The session was 5 x1000m with 300m recovery. I managed 3 before my lungs threatened to shut down (zigzag take note). Maybe I should take my inhaler with me and actually use it during the session.

Hills on Thursday. Hmm.

Went out for a 5 & 1/2 mile 'XC' (well; footpaths/woods/bridleways/'corpse-road') late this morning, ran it at a steady pace, bit of a 'recovery run' after Sunday (had yesterday 'off'' - legs, as well as work)
http://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_2394478.html
It's a nice trip round

It was the Club-run this evening, I counted 27 at the social centre we're using at the moment!, but I think a few may have done the 18;30 run instead?
We didn't got far, as quite a few of the attendees had run 'Bridlington Half-Marathon' on Sunday so wanted short & steady

So it was only to the 'Water-Tower' & back, via 'the Pit' ('executive houses' built on the old site of Purston Colliery)
I'd started after they'd left, as I was talking to Pat (18:30 runner), so had to catch & pass everyone before the 'Tower':angel:

naminder

I did an 8 mile run yesterday, was in a bit of discomfort but pushed on through it. Stopped outside my house to cool down before stretching etc and when I when to stand up again nearly fell over...couldnt put any weight on my left leg... today I'm still struggling to walk, my hip joint feels like its bruised to touch and still can't put weight through it... what have i done!???

How is the hip now? Has the pain subsided?

For the first time in 4 months, I managed 6 miles today :smile:

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
How is the hip now? Has the pain subsided?

For the first time in 4 months, I managed 6 miles today :smile:

Well I an walk now, but it still isn't right. I bought a foam roller today and boy does that leave you breathless when you hit the tight muscles! I'm going to use it religiously now for the rest of the week and hope I can squeeze another 10 miles out of my body before switching back to cycling!!

Excellent work on the 6 miler.... Feels good doesn't it! (when you don't cripple yourself that is!)

wanda2010

Guru
@ JoeyB - Aah the foam roller. A torture device I initially thought when I had my similar left hip problem. Then I started having regular massages and realised the foam roller was the less painful option! I can now feel the benefits of both though as I haven't had even a hip 'niggle' since I started rolling and having massages. I've learnt to breathe through the pain when it hits 'that' part of my upper thighs and I deliberately repeat at least twice.

Glad you are on the mend. It will take a while before it clears up and remember to stretch/roll on a regular basis whether running or cycling.

naminder

Well I an walk now, but it still isn't right. I bought a foam roller today and boy does that leave you breathless when you hit the tight muscles! I'm going to use it religiously now for the rest of the week and hope I can squeeze another 10 miles out of my body before switching back to cycling!!

Excellent work on the 6 miler.... Feels good doesn't it! (when you don't cripple yourself that is!)

Careful with the next run and that hip.Maybe stay with cycling and do the 10 miles later??

Yes, thanks, it felt GREAT, I'd forgotten how much I missed running.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Careful with the next run and that hip.Maybe stay with cycling and do the 10 miles later??

Yes, thanks, it felt GREAT, I'd forgotten how much I missed running.

Doing the 10 miles later isn't an option. It's the Great South Run on Sunday and it's what I've been training for since the beginning of summer! Ive been rolling the hip, legs and glutes with a foam roller so hoping I've done enough to get through Sunday. As long as I finish the run I don't care what state I'm in after lol

wanda2010

Guru
Good luck for the run on Sunday. I did my hip in for the first time after that race ^_^. I remember it was very windy towards the finish. Always meant to do it again. Maybe next year.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Good luck Joey, the Great North/South Runs look fun, just noticed theres one in Birmingham, maybe not too far.. hmm. :smile:

Nice one on the 6 miler Naminder :smile:

Im doing no-milers at the moment, back is playing up, grrr.

naminder

So Naminder, when's your 10K race? :smile:

I haven't got a race coming up that I'm training for. I haven't run longer distances for a few months and have been trying to build up stamina again. Despite a rest day yesterday, I still ache so much, so I will stick to shorter runs for a little while longer.

quote="JoeyB, post: 2119450, member: 24130"]Doing the 10 miles later isn't an option. It's the Great South Run on Sunday and it's what I've been training for since the beginning of summer! Ive been rolling the hip, legs and glutes with a foam roller so hoping I've done enough to get through Sunday. As long as I finish the run I don't care what state I'm in after lol[/quote]

Well let's hope you run over the finish line in style, no hobbling or limping please :wacko: Best of luck :highfive:

Top Bottom