Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a LED Lenser H7; the one show is the newer model
http://www.ledlenser-store.co.uk/head-torches-c71/led-lenser-h7-2-led-head-torch-p962

Mines quite bright enough, even on hollow-way roads, under a tree canopy, on cloudy nights!

I bought it with this, as a double-pack, from 'Go Camping' (for its size, it's damned amazing!!)
http://www.ledlenser-store.co.uk/torches-c70/led-lenser-p3-afs-led-torch-p921

If I could justify it, I'd buy the Hope R4 (comes with head-harness, bar-mounts & helmet-mount)
http://www.hopetech.com/product/r4-led/

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Alpkit Viper here - but then I run so slowly that its fine for me!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I thought this looked quite good and gets decent reviews.
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/run-light-id_8283426.html
Fine for trails, but I wonder, would it confuse drivers seeing a light coming towards them on the roads? Not sure I would like to risk it.
Not had a problem using mine on road at night. And as I driver I wouldn't be confused, probably rather more delighted that the wearer could see where they are going rather than stumbling around in the dark. (Which as a runner I've been guilty of doing)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Tried out my new trail shoes today Montrail Fairhaven Outdry. NOS from sportshoes.com with lock laces added by yours truly. Blood courtesy of the brambles on today's XC run.

2014-12-16%2015.47.28.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Not had a problem using mine on road at night. And as I driver I wouldn't be confused, probably rather more delighted that the wearer could see where they are going rather than stumbling around in the dark. (Which as a runner I've been guilty of doing)
Lol....yes. I just wondered if a white light coming towards them on their side of the road could be confusing and they might be nearly on you before they realised.

Not running at the moment
I must have really battered my left Heel at the 'Harriers v Cyclists' last Saturday, & by Tuesday evening, even walking on it was painful
Whoo-Hoo!!!
Went to the club-run this evening (well, the earlier/shorter run) & managed a slowish 3.5 miles, with no discomfort or pain
I was shadowing/keeping an eye on a couple of our novices

Just see how it is in the morning

Tried out my new trail shoes today Montrail Fairhaven Outdry. NOS from sportshoes.com with lock laces added by yours truly. Blood courtesy of the brambles on today's XC run.

2014-12-16%2015.47.28.jpg
Badge of honour, amongst all XC (& less defined route trail-runners)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Whoo-Hoo!!!
Went to the club-run this evening (well, the earlier/shorter run) & managed a slowish 3.5 miles, with no discomfort or pain
I was shadowing/keeping an eye on a couple of our novices

Just see how it is in the morning

Great news
Badge of honour, amongst all XC (& less defined route trail-runners)
The tiniest amount of claret seems to scare the bejaysus out of those who only run on roads. "ohmygodohmygodohmygod you're bleeding!"

Great news

The tiniest amount of claret seems to scare the bejaysus out of those who only run on roads. "ohmygodohmygodohmygod you're bleeding!"

Yes, thankyou!
A bit sore this morning, but managed another couple of miles, whilst daughter was at piano lesson (saves just waiting, sat in car)

True!!, even more so, when it's raining, & runs..................

'Buggeration!!'

Tried running to work yesterday (slowly), & got about 2 miles into it
The previous pain returned, & I hobbled there

Limped round, in pain from 13;30, till about 18:30, as it was very busy when I'd had enough, so I booked in

Got seen by one the ENP's, with a brief discussion with a Consultant (who used to crew the Air Ambulance, & was a regular on 'Helicopter Heroes')

X-rays taken (again), no fractures, with the films reviewed for me by a Superintendant Radiographer. Thankfully

Back to square 1, with the thoughts of a visit to a Sports Physiotherapist that our Club uses

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Been doing far too much boozing this week and I'll admit I had to recalibrate my goals for this week. Snuck out y'day morning, after a night at my last ever Xtmas party at work - I'm leaving on Tuesday - and did a cheeky, but hard 5km bagging a couple of Strava segment PB's on the way. Yesterday I went to lunch with our primary software supplier and lunch went on until gone ten in the evening. "Something" of a hangover this morning but went to parkrun anyway. New PB to finish the year!

Getting slaughtered... has it been formalised as a conditioning technique?

Sorry to hear that. Little to lose, apart from a small amount of cash, in seeing the physio. Good 'luck'.
Thankyou!!

Appointment booked Wednesday 31st, first available date!!

So, I'll not be running my last 2 races of the year:sad:
('Man v Bike' - Sunday 28th & 'Auld Lang Syne' - Wednesday 31st)

And, to top it off, my new 'Fell Runners Association' handbook/race calendar arrived this morning. Talk about 'rubbing salt into wounds'!!:rolleyes:

PC201402.JPG

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
A saturday off work meant parkrun. I managed to stay with a guy all the way around who generally finishes a minute or so ahead of me, so I was feeling pretty chuffed. Unfortunately, he must have been having an off day... 23 minutes 26 seconds.

U

User169

We're off to Englandshire for Christmas. My daughter and I have registered with parkrun as there's a local one on Christmas Day.

One question for the experts. My daughter is nine and a competent runner, but the Q and A says that kids should be accompanied. I'll be running, but do I have to run alongside her or is it OK that I'm just there? I would expect her to run about 25m, so I don't suppose she'll be holding anyone up, but just wanted to check what the form is.

Top Bottom