Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did the Loch Katrine Marathon on the weekend - beautiful course and friendly, relaxed event. They do a 10K and half marathon as well. I would recommend it to anyone for next year.

Nostell '36'

Felt terrible on the way there, was on the verge of either turning round & going home, or stopping the car to throw up

Still, nothing ventured, etc.....

A steady start, centre & finish
Not quite as quick as last week, at the moment, a self-timed 23:08, & (I believe) 19th

Took the camera round, so may have broken '23', if I'd not been looking through the viewfinder & concentrated on running:angel:

It's the Wakefield (Hospice) 10K in the morning, haven't entered though, as I didn't know what state my foot would be in (still not good)

Last edited:
I bet you are! :okay:
I'm not with mine though

Here's a pic that was taken before the run, of Stella & myself
I worked with her, for a few years, before she left Pinderfields (before we moved into the new Hospital - in March 2010)

Plus myself, at the pacing event, last Saturday

Nostell. 35. 1.jpg Nostell. 36. 2.JPG

T'was the local Wakefield (Hospice) 10K road-race on Sunday

I didn't enter, as I knew I was working, but wasn't sure what shift at the time

1,700+ finishers, the biggest field in its 25 year history
The winning time, on a rolling, 'out & back' (with a dead-turn) course was 32:17 (taken by Bingley Harrier)
Simon, one of our members was 5th, in 34:26

http://www.flamingphotography.co.uk/portfolio378470.html

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
T'was the local Wakefield (Hospice) 10K road-race on Sunday

I didn't enter, as I knew I was working, but wasn't sure what shift at the time

1,700+ finishers, the biggest field in its 25 year history
The winning time, on a rolling, 'out & back' (with a dead-turn) course was 32:17 (taken by Bingley Harrier)
Simon, one of our members was 5th, in 34:26

http://www.flamingphotography.co.uk/portfolio378470.html
seems to be happening down here too - running appears to be booming!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm always impressed by the amount of people I see running where I live specially the number of women, young, old and most not what you'd call in great shape, but good on them, I like nothing better than seeing someone jogging who isn't an natural athlete, it inspires me to keep running..
Handing out the finish tokens to the last third of the runners at parkrun is one of the most life-affirming things I've ever done. It makes me proud to be a part of the human race when I see people overcoming their own self-perceptions, doubts and the prejudices that others have too often poured into their heads.

This weekend was the Tom Scott Memorial 10 miler. It was a cracking day and won in under 50 minutes. I came in well down the field in 68 minutes but thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Sadly my gps watch is knackered so I can't retrieve my splits, but I know I went negative on the 2nd 5 so am pleased.

Top Bottom