any selle smp users ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
have been advised these could help with prostate troubles , any c c ers any experience or comments they want to make me aware of please do so ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes, I use one and have done for a few years now.
The dropped nose does look very weird and does take a little time to get used to.
Not everyone finds them comfortable though, so best try one first before you purchase.
It's probably the most comfortable saddle that I use.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yes, I use one and have done for a few years now.
The dropped nose does look very weird and does take a little time to get used to.
Not everyone finds them comfortable though, so best try one first before you purchase.
It's probably the most comfortable saddle that I use.
ianruk what model do you use ?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
having contacted various saddle makers re saddles recommended for prostate suffers and looks like will be going with Selle smp drakon or lite 209 after the 2 week trial period they offer . will advise more once tried

wanda2010

Guru
Me gots two that I use. Luvs 'em loads :wub:

I use the TRK on my 'tank' and commuter bikes and the Dynamic on my road bike. Not sure I could use any other brand now. The saddle design suits me perfectly.

Edited to add: I've just researched the Hybrid and see that they come in different colours. A purchase could be in order :whistle:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Havin tried ALOT of different saddles, I wouldnt hesitate to recomend the smp as the most comfy all rounder that I have ever had the pleasure of sitting on

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
ok well after doing a grand total of 3 miles i can say i am impressed with lite 209 saddle just got to pile on as many miles as poss to test it

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
have had test saddle a week now and due to the weather i have only covered about 10 miles on it i do hope i can get some miles in next week to try it out more before deciding

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
have had test saddle a week now and due to the weather i have only covered about 10 miles on it i do hope i can get some miles in next week to try it out more before deciding

Due to new bike (and new saddle) I hadn't used the old bike with the Selle SMP since August. I used it last weekend for the Sunday London Ride. And bblimey it was like sitting on your favourite old armchair. It is a great saddle.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
after elongated trial period i took the plunge and ordered 2 lite 209 saddles one for commuter / daily bike and other for family tandem , been well impressed with service from Dillglove the uk distributors of Selle smp .

Top Bottom