Any serious darts players on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Back in the 70s---90s I played a lot at pub level. Say it myself I was a decent player.
BUT......
Watching the world championship on tv......those guys are amazing.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why is this in the sports forum ;) :whistle:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
My Mum was quite good
darts.jpg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Sport

1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
    "team sports such as soccer and rugby"

which makes darts a sport.

Tiddlywinks ???……in that case ?

Exertion although minimal; is there. Along with all other requirements…..🤷‍♂️

classic33

Leg End Member
Back in the 70s---90s I played a lot at pub level. Say it myself I was a decent player.
BUT......
Watching the world championship on tv......those guys are amazing.
They're throwing from the women's mark, at best, though.

Not serious, casual pub player. I'm awful, probably would improve with practice but I don't play enough. I do watch the darts on TV from time to time.

markemark

Über Member
I’m always serious when I play darts. I’m also very very shoot at playing darts.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Back in the 70s---90s I played a lot at pub level.

I played in the pub every night of the week back in the 70s and 80s. Minor league matches in SW London.

But I couldn't throw an arrow now if my life depended on it.

The game has changed a lot over 40 years with different 'outs' and today's professionals are a class above the Bristows and Lowes of earlier years. It's fantastic to watch on TV.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I played in the pub every night of the week back in the 70s and 80s. Minor league matches in SW London.

The game has changed a lot over 40 years with different 'outs' and today's professionals are a class above the Bristows and Lowes of earlier years. It's fantastic to watch on TV.

I still have a proper bristle board with a light over it. Just poor health has stopped me playing for a few years.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

In the 70s did you have proper feathers?
I did. Carried them in a wooden "feather darts" case in my inside jacket pocket.

bluenotebob

Veteran
In the 70s did you have proper feathers?

It was a long time ago .. but no, I don't think so. I can't recall what the flights were made of but I don't think they were feathers.

It was also the time when tungsten darts were starting to become popular.

Top Bottom