Any sign of Spring where you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davos87

Guru
As mentioned on a previous thread I have been out for a ride this morning. When I set off about 9.20am it was very promising. A tad nippy but with the promise of sunshine. I live out in the sticks and as I tootled round the sun did indeed break through and it became quite warm and pleasant. I did notice on my ride lots of snowdrops in flower and quite a few people were out tending there gardens lulled like I was by the false dawn. I was however taken aback by how the snow round here is hanging on for grim death. Up some of the country lanes there was still great mounds off the stuff piled up at the side of the road and there is still a substantial amount on the Cleveland Hills. Anyway my earlier optimism that we were finally kissing winter goodbye was snuffed out on the back end of my ride when it clouded over very quickly and started tanking down. Also a VERY cold wind got up straight in my face and my progress home was severely curtailed. Still gladdened my cycling heart that I got a glimpse, however short, of what we can all look forward to hopefully very soon.:thumbsup:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I can hear the birds singing before I leave for work. It's been more than a week of cold north wind though, I'm itching for a bit of milder weather.

Spring starts officially for me when I can dry a load of washing outside rather than taking it to the launderette.

brodiej

Veteran
Lots of daffs appearing on the South Coast.
I thought I had missed my alarm this morning as there was a bit of light

Biker Joe

Über Member
Yes. The spring bulbs are well up. Crocuses and snowdrops are out. The shrubs are budding.
Just needs the weather to catch up.Supposed to be quite pleasant here,(Essex) early part of next week.
In three weeks it's the Spring Equinox and I wait with baited breath????????:smile:

Cold but dry here in south wales. In fact its been over a week since I last saw rain. I love this climate change, I recommend that you all go outside now and let your land drover, lamborghini etc engines running while you go off cycling. The weather will be warmer when you come back.

SNOWdrops.

According to the forecast I just watched, wind from the continent could start blowing in early next week. This should bring milder weather and he didnt mention rain either! Another plus.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The crocus plants are croking, the snowdrops are up and about and I even saw some budded daffs on the dog walk today. It was also a bit warmer today but we didn't have the lovely spring sunshine of yesterday though.

D

Deleted member 23692

Snowdrops, Crocus and Celandine, plus lambsies in the fields :smile:

Top Bottom