Any sign of Spring where you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh yes in deed. Weather is cool (60's), skies are clear and there's no window. Rode 60miles yesterday, going to ride 50 tomorrow and hopefully 100 on Sunday. Gotta make the most of spring before the oppressive summer heat turns up in May.

Loads of signs of Spring near me... hordes of wobbly cyclists shedding their dormancy as they come out of hibernation.:laugh:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oh yes in deed. Weather is cool (60's), skies are clear and there's no window. Rode 60miles yesterday, going to ride 50 tomorrow and hopefully 100 on Sunday. Gotta make the most of spring before the oppressive summer heat turns up in May.
That expression ''no window'' - what does it mean? Forgive my ignorance, what I notice about windows around here is that none of them are open!

squeeze321

Regular
Somethings are pushing through the soil but don't know what they are yet! Crocus/daffodils/dandylions
In Manchester it could be anything!!! :biggrin:
Still very cold though with some sunny spells......and that's the weather forcast for the North West!!

RWright

Guru
7c here now, sun just went down and I am going for a short ride. It is still not what I consider spring here, forecast is for highs of around 10c for the next week with a chance of showers a couple of days next week.
Spring to me is around 25 c for highs and 12c or so for lows. It should not be much longer hopefully. I did notice some of the buttercups I have are starting to bloom. I haven't looked closely at the azaleas yet but when I start noticing them it normally isn't long until warmer weather arrives.

Trail Child

No, not even close ...
3yhyhe6a.jpg

Even the snowmen are giving up on spring ...
umaga7y2.jpg

That expression ''no window'' - what does it mean? Forgive my ignorance, what I notice about windows around here is that none of them are open!

My bad, I meant no wind. Dry, still, sunny and cool conditions. It doesn't get much better than this.

Nebulous

Guru
I've been struggling a bit this year. Had a sore throat / cough / swollen glands and feeling crap. The weather hasn;t helped. Came home early Friday, cleaned my bike, serviced front hub and was determined to make a fresh start. Temperature made it up to about 9 degrees at lunchtime, but I had something on. Finally made it out at almost 3, kept bib longs on but dumped my skullcap and ventured into fingerless gloves. Got 20 miles away from home, temp dropped quite a bit, piles of snow still visible at the side of the road and it began to rain. Bike covered in crud, clothes likewise, but it's a start. Spring is definitely here!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm finally getting snow! But the sun is warm enough to melt from the roads, and we have mid and upper 40's Fahrenheit scheduled for Thursday. Critters are getting more active, for the most part. And the sun actually shone today, after 4 inches of snow and snow showers for four days after. Poor Farmers Fertilizer.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Lots of spring here. Daffodils in flower in patches, masses of snow drops and crocuses around. Leaves opening in privit hedging and the grass is greening up.

I've sown carrots and parsnips already outside on the allotment and have spuds chitting ready to go in once I've dug the bed out :smile:

It's positively springy here :dance:

Top Bottom