Any Suggestions for a 100 Miler in January?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I want to do at least one 100 miler each month next year. I've worked out rides for quite a few months but need one for January.

Any ideas - Sportive, Audax or informal rides?

Cheers

Martin

MattHB

Proud Daddy
if you do a sportive a month thatll get expensive and is a bit unnecessary. do you belong to a club? if not try to find one, youll probably get lots of people who'll ride with you.

we do a fast long ride (75 for me) every saturday in ours (except right now as we have amber warning rain), regularly 3 or 4 tee off for a century.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/13-330/ This should be ideal.I have done a Mark Rigby event ,it was well organized,good parking at the start etc.Would enter myself but cant due to work unfortunaterly. Also its early in the month giving you time to do another one should you not be able to ride for any reason.

You could use the cycle chat Dragon route ride for April as its just over 100.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Looks good - bit of an early start though.

I've already planned the Chat Dragon Ride - confirmed :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And don't forget to watch out for and register on the 2013 Imperial Century a month thread....when I post it up...:thumbsup:

Good luck for 2013.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes, same suggestion; put the bike on a train to somewhere 100 miles south west of home then let the wind blow you back. It's cheating a bit but it's fun!

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've decided to get the train to London Marylebone and cycle back from there - which should be just over 100 miles. Any suggestions as to the best route out of London and any roads to include or avoid between London and Warwick?

lozcs

Guru
I've decided to get the train to London Marylebone and cycle back from there - which should be just over 100 miles. Any suggestions as to the best route out of London and any roads to include or avoid between London and Warwick?

have a play with www.bikeroutetoaster.com make sure you change to OSM and bike and double check with google maps streetview (been sent down the odd farm track in the past)

Top Bottom