Any suggestions on LCD tvs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
I'm gonna be after a small LCD for our bedroom soon and keep hearing bad things about the resolution/aspect ratio on 19" ones, due to them being based on PC panels. That means going up to 26" methinks, as 23" ones seem to have gone out of fashion.

The thing about 26"ers is that their 32" equivalents are often cheaper. S'not fair!! :sad:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Melvil said:
SWMBO and I have regretfully realised that our telly is nearing the end of its useful life. Little things such as the colour of faces on the screen 'smearing' all the way to the side of it, and the occasional gaudy 'ghost' of an image suggests that the vacuum tube might be, to put it bluntly, screwed.
Don't totally disregard "old fashioned" approaches... my aunt was bemoaning the fact that her telly just gave a thin line across the middle, about 1cm wide. Sound was fine though. She didn't want to fork out for a new telly. I gave the telly a SLAP! on the side and it's been working perfectly ever since! :sad:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Uncle Mort said:
That's just a processor speed issue isn't it? The BBC are broadcasting at least 16-18 MBs and I can watch it glitch-free on a 2.2Ghz C2Duo Mac but my PC with a slightly slower processor keeps tripping up. The ITV test broadcast gherkin thingy isn't even properly flagged as H.264:angry:

No I wish it was H.264 too. It is doing so much damage. It does seem to be a hardware/software issue. I've tried the two on different machines, viewing cards and software and they behave quite differently. Interestingly enough ITV seem disatisfied with how the test behaves at the moment.

We still have a 15yo 14" Sony Trinitron, great picture with digital; but at some point this year in may become a Sony Bravia KDL-32S3000 or KDL-26T3000. Tending towards the 26" at the mo, but I aim to cut cardboard to the dimensions to see which seems a better size. xx(

Top Bottom