Any takers for a ride round Hillingdon cycle track in Hayes London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Its a shame but due to commitments this sunday is my only free day I've got now till the SigNature ride and then until February as Ill be in Thailand for all of January.

Ill still be going out Sunday anyhow (weather permitting) for a nice long cycle so if any one else still wants to go PM me or update here.

Shame but I guess this ride is being rainchecked untill next year.. Shame as I recced it on Monday night too.. Oh well!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Davy, you recced it?

Wow I feel that is the most unknown commitment to a ride you can demonstrate - I'm half dead at the moment and think it might be wiser for me to take it easy until things ease off a bit otherwise I would have been up for a cycle this weekend.

Your January plans sound great - I'm sure we can fit something in for when you get back! Besides it'll be a sight with the zebra bike and the tan!!LOL

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I can't come either. Maybe one of the ones next year. My knee is still a bit gunky, I want to minimise trips at the moment. Feb onwards sounds good.

CotterPin

I was just about to post that I wasn't going to be able to make it Sunday - but see that it may not be happening after all. Hopefully in the New Year. Keen to have a go at Hillingdon.

davidg

I am thinking about going here on Sunday...

nothing scheduled...weather may be okay...hopefully snow will have been washed away by then...

never been inside so will be interesting. Not sure how people will regard me tootling round at about 75% max HR for 80 mins or so though!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
It's a good circuit and good for just bimbling about on if you want to- no need to go all balls out. Have fun!

davidg

I cant believe how many times I have driven past it without know it was there before I started cycling!

stevevw

Guru
You might want to plan an evening ride to the Hillingdon track on the 7th April. to see a silly old man in his first and probably last road race.

The idea of starting here is that when I get dropped I can have a rest while the fast people catch me up again. :smile:

stevevw

Guru
Yes I hope to be racing with the LVRC starts at 7pm. The race is 1hr + 5 laps. I may well need some support after the race to stand up :smile:

redjedi

Über Member
I'll be there in my best cheerleaders outfit Steve :biggrin:

Should I shave my legs first?

44969smiley__cheer_girl__374__green.gif
44969smiley__cheer_girl__373_blue.gif

stevevw

Guru
I will be riding this if I ever get it finished. Better photos when the weather improves.

DSCN4192.jpg

Yes the stickers do match my shoes :wacko:

I have a nice comfy seat too :laugh:

DSCN4194.jpg

Top Bottom