Any takers for a ride round Hillingdon cycle track in Hayes London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi guys

Wasn't much interest for Calshot, so chucking another one out there - any people interested in heading up to Hillingdon cycle track for a spin at some point? It's not a velodrome but is a traffic free track and free for public use when not being raced on.

Anyone interested?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I've never been there but quite interested in seeing it..

When you thinking off?

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Flexible for time to go there - however, weekends Nov and Dec are quite busy - Dec more likely, January even easier!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep count me in, dependent on other rides and footy of course..
oh yeah and the appearance of the new iainrauk jnr in January

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am quite tied up this weekend, but next saturday, during the day should be fine.. this track, its not suitable for night time riding then? Just thinking after work as its fairly local to me.. would like to get to know that area a bit better too!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Sure thing Ian - though we expect to see the sprog on two wheels straight out of the womb right?!!

Will try and pin a date down once I have an idea of numbers

redjedi

Über Member
Thanks for the info, that looks quite interesting and it's only up the road from me.

I need to get in some training this weekend (hopefully) and had planned to go to Richmond Park, but I may check this place out on Saturday afternoon instead.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Excellent RJ - check that there's free space though as it could be booked up for races.

Hope you're slowly getting back in the saddle! Let us know how it is -I'm planning to head down on 15 Nov myself with the club for some training.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
thanks for the vid bleak, is the track completely flat? I was surprised by that

CotterPin

Hi TT,
I'd be interested in coming along. I've been around the Hillingdon track once - learning to ride through and off with my local CTC group. We were trying to discipline ourselves (ooh err!) to ride with some kind of order when on our Sunday rides. How far have you got with coming up with a date? Most Sundays work for me with enough notice.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi CotterPin

Minimal rollcall as it stands is:

Davywalnuts
Ianrauk
Redjedi?
Cotterpin
ttcycle

Dates in December would be:

Sun 6th, Sun 13th and Sun 20th

Which one can people make?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Redjedi, I can possibly have a pootle after 3pm this saturday as my beloved Norwich are on TV for the FA Cup 1st round if thats any good?

ttcycle, think I am possibly booked up on those dates except maybe 20th? But Xmas traffic?? 13th is a possible possibly but 6th Ill be down Bournemouth for a Birthday weekend..

Top Bottom