Any takers for a ride round Hillingdon cycle track in Hayes London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Davywalnuts said:
ttcycle, think I am possibly booked up on those dates except maybe 20th? But Xmas traffic?? 13th is a possible possibly but 6th Ill be down Bournemouth for a Birthday weekend..

Davy, you should be officially known as the 'CC Awkward Squad'!

We'll see who's available and when and if it means next year's better than no problem -otherwise we'll cycle without you:biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Redjedi, I can possibly have a pootle after 3pm this saturday as my beloved Norwich are on TV for the FA Cup 1st round if thats any good?

ttcycle, think I am possibly booked up on those dates except maybe 20th? But Xmas traffic?? 13th is a possible possibly but 6th Ill be down Bournemouth for a Birthday weekend..

The 1-5pm slot is open if the programme list on the website is accurate.

I'll probably get there earlier that 3pm but will make sure i'm still there at 3. You can always let me know if you got carried away after your team wins and can't make it :biggrin:

But if it's a nice track and not too boring I won't mind cycling around until you get there, I need as many miles under my belt as possible.

redjedi

Über Member
ttcycle said:
Hi CotterPin

Minimal rollcall as it stands is:

Davywalnuts
Ianrauk
Redjedi?
Cotterpin
ttcycle

Dates in December would be:

Sun 6th, Sun 13th and Sun 20th

Which one can people make?

I could probably do the 6th and 20th, but there's football on the 13th, afternoon match so could make a morning slot.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ttcycle said:
Davy, you should be officially known as the 'CC Awkward Squad'!

We'll see who's available and when and if it means next year's better than no problem -otherwise we'll cycle without you:biggrin:

Hahahahaha! Its the women in me! :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
The 1-5pm slot is open if the programme list on the website is accurate.

I'll probably get there earlier that 3pm but will make sure i'm still there at 3. You can always let me know if you got carried away after your team wins and can't make it :biggrin:

But if it's a nice track and not too boring I won't mind cycling around until you get there, I need as many miles under my belt as possible.

Cool! Ill let you know, we are playing the lowest ranked team in the Cup and you know how shocks happen in football!

Have got a party later on Saturday but plans may make it sooner and rule me out completely.. were see!

Origamist

Legendary Member
Good suggestion, TT.

I'd like to attend. I can do the 13th and 20th Dec.

Davy, you should be good on the track given your thighs and sprint capability...

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Davywalnuts
Ianrauk
Redjedi
Cotterpin
ttcycle
Origamist

Date so far start early and aim for a morning slot on 13th Dec

Any more people? The more the merrier!

CotterPin said:
What do we plan to do once we are there - a bit of racing?

Depends on how sprightly people are feeling - we could just pootle around or if people were up for it race each other - or be really cruel and do some drills!!! hahah;)

Origamist - I am nursing another nasty cold...what is wrong with me this year?!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Was I the only one who was up for Calshot? B0llocks to the lot of you!<flounce>

I spent a chunk of my youth around Hillingdon and haven't been back for 25+ years, so I could wrap a trip up in a cloak of nostalgia - "I failed to follow the attack because I was wiping away a tear at the thought of my first girlfriend."

Set a date and I'll negotiate with the Doris. Gears and stuff are ok for Hillingdon, right?

GWS tt

Origamist

Legendary Member
ttcycle said:
Origamist - I am nursing another nasty cold...what is wrong with me this year?!

Could it be diptheria?! I'm sure you'll make a full recovery in time for Hillingdon and will power past Davy on the final sprint! GWS

Bollo said:
Was I the only one who was up for Calshot? B0llocks to the lot of you!<flounce>

I spent a chunk of my youth around Hillingdon and haven't been back for 25+ years, so I could wrap a trip up in a cloak of nostalgia - "I failed to follow the attack because I was wiping away a tear at the thought of my first girlfriend."

Set a date and I'll negotiate with the Doris. Gears and stuff are ok for Hillingdon, right?

GWS tt

Did someone mention Calshot? I must have missed that thread. It's near Southampton isn't it? I'd be up for that.

I can already see Ms O with a bottle of TCP and tweezers extracting the splinters from my thighs...

BentMikey said:
I could be up for this!

You can be the hare - we'll chase you round.

Here's a low racer eye-view of the Hillingdon track:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuO3R3Lot_g

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
ttcycle said:
thanks for the vid bleak, is the track completely flat? I was surprised by that

That might be the camera flattening slopes. It's most definitely not flat. Fards needs to shave his legs, btw.

Most dispiriting thing at Hillingdon? Riding into wind on the straight at 25mph, and being passed by a streamliner doing 41mph.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Origamist said:
Could it be diptheria?! I'm sure you'll make a full recovery in time for Hillingdon and will power past Davy on the final sprint! GWS

All this talk of dipheria...cruel and disgusting - I might save a bit of bacteria especially for you origamist-I hear it's highly contagious;)

Origamist said:
Did someone mention Calshot? I must have missed that thread. It's near Southampton isn't it? I'd be up for that.

I can already see Ms O with a bottle of TCP and tweezers extracting the splinters from my thighs...

Poor Mrs O - it sounds like you are talking from experience there! She must really love you to do such a joyful task!

Bollo, matey let's not flounce, be at one with the two wheels..come up to Hillingdon for a ride! gears are absolutely fine on the circuit. Calshot would only be worth doing if we could get a sizeable group down there - interested parties so far:

Bollo
Tollers
ttcycle
Origamist

BM - all this talk of me being fast, makes me nervous now should I actually have to purposefully race...not on form at allxx(

Rollcall- down to business: am 13th Dec
Davywalnuts
Ianrauk
Redjedi
Cotterpin
ttcycle
Origamist
Bollo? (shedding tears of nostalgia)
BentMikey (hare duties)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm certainly not fast, I'll be quite happy just to make it around with the group, especially if I've done my duty and ridden there.

I'm in for the 13th, it's booked out. There is a small chance I'll have to work in the afternoon. What time do y'all plan to meet?

Top Bottom