Any thoughts on drinking water for health reasons.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have decided to start drinking more water due to a funny urine colour.It's surprised me what it does for you,according to the web.
Any thoughts on 8 glasses a day.

tyred

Legendary Member
I always aim for this and probably exceed it most days. As I don't drink tea, coffee or alcohol, I tend to have a glass of water when others are drinking something "more exciting."

I have no idea if it's good for me or bad for me but it's a habit I've got into.

Octet

Veteran
If it starts to smell or it is painful when urinating then go to the doctors as it could suggest something more serious.
Water is needed by your body, some like to get it through drinking tea whilst others get it through drinking it on it's own. Nothing wrong with it providing you don't go stupid with it (you can die from over-hydration, eventually).

Eight Glasses per day is a good amount, although pace it, there is no point in drinking as much as you can in the morning then having nothing until the afternoon.
As MattL suggested, in general clear urine is a good sign.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There's divided opinions on water drinking. Some claims were masse about it boosting kids abilities to learn and were subsequently debunked. The colour of urine is not a direct indicator of health or hydration and self diagnosis of hydration is at best unreliable. You solid consult your GP if you are concerned about the colour.

For some my urine is currently Hungarian beer coloured and I have early morning headaches when I wake up. I wonder if they is a connection....

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I was drinking over four litres a day to try and control the barmy hunger that seemed to dominate the first short period of the daily commute. I can't say it did me much harm, but I did whazz so much I could cut right through a urinal cake in a day.

lots of good advice here - "8 glasses of water" (how big is a glass?) / "pee should be relatively clear" (how clear is relatively?) - keep it up fellas....

lordloveaduck

You don't need to drink eight glasses of water a day, as you got water from other sources throughout the day.
It's a bit like the other myth of eating little and often when three meals a day is far better as the space between meals is greater and that is the time you burn food.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I was drinking over four litres a day to try and control the barmy hunger that seemed to dominate the first short period of the daily commute. I can't say it did me much harm, but I did whazz so much I could cut right through a urinal cake in a day.

Due to cutbacks at work we no longer have these, they went and along with it my job satisfaction. I'd try to make sure I'd cut it in half by the end of the day- meant I had to drink plenty of water and tea. I'd leave work with a proper sense of achievement.

Top Bottom