Any tips on washing kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Hi all it's been a while .
Recently had a bad fall on the bike and have tarmac and blood stains on my club Jersey. Couple of small holes in it but I'm trying no to buy a new one first . Any tips of how to get the blood and tar off ? Hour long washes and it's still not shifting . Thanks

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Usually best to soak the blood out in slightly salty cold water. The tar will come off with petrol. But you've washed it which will have removed the more volatile bits of tar so you may be stuck with as is now.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It looks like the stains are engrained into the fabric now so possibly too late to do anything about it I guess.

alicat

Legendary Member
Anyway on to the important question, how's the bike?

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Treating them as battle scars sounds good lol.
Regarding the bike . It was a miracle it wasnt a rite off I deffo came out the worst . It has a couple of scrapes on the tops of hoods and left hand hood bent in towards centre.scratch on rear derailur . Bike shop says frame seems to be fine . A week in hospital I had .
I had been knocked unconscious for 15min found by another cyclist. Stiches on eye ,under nose ,and chin .
Fractured wrist . Broken bone under my eye and Worst off all I've now had a loop recorder embedded in my chest to monitor my heart as they think I blaked out b4 the crash . I cant remember the crash or the ambulance ride . I can only remember 3 mile b4 the crash as well . Still have dizzying feeling no and agian and it's been 4 weeks since the crash.

Top Bottom