Any tips on washing kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well the wife did let me buy a new neo 2t trainer to try and keep me indoors .🤣
After breaking my Femur in a (non-cycling) incident several years ago as part of my physiotherapy they stuck me on an exercise bike and after talking with the guy he said "It's a shame you haven't got one at home" so I thought about bolting one of my (ten) bikes to a trainer but just couldn't do it, so I bought this,

Then modified it so at least I can get to places (I don't drive through choice)

BTW it looked like tis before I 'modded' it
$_86.jpg

Still got all the original parts in the spare bedroom so I could convert it back if I ever decided to sell it.

Last edited:

alicat

Legendary Member
Treating them as battle scars sounds good lol.
Regarding the bike . It was a miracle it wasnt a rite off I deffo came out the worst . It has a couple of scrapes on the tops of hoods and left hand hood bent in towards centre.scratch on rear derailur . Bike shop says frame seems to be fine . A week in hospital I had .
I had been knocked unconscious for 15min found by another cyclist. Stiches on eye ,under nose ,and chin .
Fractured wrist . Broken bone under my eye and Worst off all I've now had a loop recorder embedded in my chest to monitor my heart as they think I blaked out b4 the crash . I cant remember the crash or the ambulance ride . I can only remember 3 mile b4 the crash as well . Still have dizzying feeling no and agian and it's been 4 weeks since the crash.
Ouch, get well soon.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Trigger369 I've never needed to get blood out of cycle clothing but have had great success with other problems using Ariel Bio gel, Vanish stick and even on occasion a citrus based degreaser.

One needs to be careful these products don't damage the fabric so minimal contact time is important. I moisten the area then work in the product with my fingers before moistening again and rubbing the fabric against itself. Then flush with plenty of cold water. Finally put through a 30C wash in your machine and possibly a double rinse cycle.

You've already used the washing machine so may have fixed the stains but I think the above could still be worth trying. I've yet to find a stain which resisted the above...........it's not dissimilar to how my mother washed clothes in the '60s before she had a machine.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Ãœber Member
@Trigger369 I've never needed to get blood out of cycle clothing but have had great success with other problems using Ariel Bio gel, Vanish stick and even on occasion a citrus based degreaser.

One needs to be careful these products don't damage the fabric so minimal contact time is important. I moisten the area then work in the product with my fingers before moistening again and rubbing the fabric against itself. Then flush with plenty of cold water. Finally put through a 30C wash in your machine and possibly a double rinse cycle.

You've already used the washing machine so may have fixed the stains but I think the above could still be worth trying. I've yet to find a stain which resisted the above...........it's not dissimilar to how my mother washed clothes in the '60s before she had a machine.

Ile give that a try thanks

Top Bottom