Anybody else resorted to a base layer yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Resorted to a base layer( ie vest)??

Base layer is the norm, I manage without one for a few weeks in the summer.:rolleyes:

Likewise. Although this year seems to have been the exception to that rule and I managed a good few weeks without a semmit.

As from last Sunday I'm in winter bibs, merino mix long-sleeved base-layer, winter socks and over-socks (I am considering over-shoes slowly), winter gloves, merino scarf and Belgian-style hat. :cold:

[alright... maybe soft shell as well occasionally] :whistle:

Saw someone fully wrapped up this morning, buff, scarf - only a thin slit of eyes visible under a load of woolen wear.

I did wonder what he/she (couldn't tell) is going to wear when it gets a bit chilly

ayceejay

Guru
It was minus 11 with wind chill today, by the time I had all my kit on I was in a sweat - until I went outside that is!
I had one of those string vest base layers when I used to commute, it wasn't quite dry so I thought I would run the iron over it, I don't think I ever found a way to unglue it from the iron. There's a lesson here - never attempt to iron synthetic clothing.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i only have aldi compession layers so this week i have been wearing a ss jersey with arm warmers under the aldi roubaix l/s jerseys with a reflective gilet and normal shorts under ron hill bikesters as we havw had a couple of frosts on my commute and that windchill has been biting.

Top Bottom