Anybody else sick of wasps this year??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
not many people like wasps surely

Arch

Married to Night Train
We've not had too much trouble from them yet, but there's time.

This year we did have a lot more bees buzzing around our aluminium can boxes (mostly sugary drink and beer residue), not noticed that before.

subaqua

What’s the point
we notice them more this year as their numbers have been reduced in previous years.

now is the time the little blighters become more annoying

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have had two wasp nests this year. One under my kitchen roof and one in the shed right beside my garage. My neighbour is one of those people who won't hurt or kill anything. He isn't talking to us anymore. I understand you can buy some pretty powerful wasp killer powder these days.:eek::wub::angel:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The wasp count seems to be down in my neck of the woods. Barely seen any.

Hornets on the other hand....

Peteaud

Veteran
We have loads of them at work (must be a nest somewhere) although blasting them with air lines can be fun.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Not too bad, wasp wise, here but the flies are driving us mad. We have fly paper up in every room to try to catch the bloomin' things.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
not many people like wasps surely

They're not that bad a team.

squad1112.jpg

Booyaa

Veteran
We have masonry bees living in the cavity of the house. They don't sting or cause any bother so mostly leave them to it. I have managed to avoid two nests being built in our sheds at the start of the summer. Luckily noticed both before they got anywhere near big enough to inhabit. Just used some spray to fumigate the sheds and left it for a day. No more of those nasty wasps.

Top Bottom