Anybody else sick of wasps this year??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Hardly any here in London, but I've been away to Dorset and Norfolk in the last couple of years and they've been absolutely everywhere, worse than I've ever known them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When i was swimming in a hotel pool while on holiday the other year i saved a drowning wasp. :angel: I scooped it up then threw it up into the air so it could fly off. Since then i've never been bothered by wasps, i think he put the word around the wasp community to leave me alone(!):tongue:

fabregas485

I had one wasp that landed on my bike seat just as I stopped at a red light. Did not want to anger it so I got off the bike and waited xD

Rezillo

TwoSheds
They are on our six garden fruit trees in huge numbers, the worst for years, with apples being chewed to hollow husks in a day. The fruit, which is really good quality this year, is being wrecked before it is fully ripe so we can't even pick what is left untouched. We did have quite a few greengages, which gave them a hearty meal but not us.

The nests are in hollow trees in nearby fields so nothing we can do about it but I wouldn't have a problem with destroying them if I could.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I swallowed one at a bbq last week in the bottom of a beer can, it came back up 5 minutes later, but didnt sting me.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Had a coming together with one in my ride today when it collided with the small gap between top of my glasses and helmet as I was tootling along. Stung me on impact the b*gger.

Top Bottom