Anybody else sick of wasps this year??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
No, no - I distinctly remember that my copy of Scouting for Boys said that if I came across a doubled-up, blue-faced cyclist, I should make a hole in his throat with my trusty pen-knife and all would be well.
Ah, the emergency tracheotomy! I never could remember whether to dig in above or below the Adam's Apple. If you hit the thyroid it gets a bit bloody, but anything is worth trying if the patient is choking to death. I believe that the classic DIY method involves the use of a Biro tube to keep the air flowing in and out of the hole.:thumbsup:

KEEF

Veteran
I am unfortunately allergic to our stripey little fiends. I do not have a hysteria moment when they come near me I just lie down and wait for them to sting me because they will.(I carry a supply of Bic pens so passing boy scouts can come to my aid) You see they hate me(wasps that is).Neither am I paranoid about wasps..................much

[QUOTE 2632884, member: 259"]Didn't Lord Baden-Powell generally try to discourage "beastliness"? :ohmy:[/quote]
He most certainly did. IIRC there was a chapter in the follow-up, Rovering Through Life, entitled "The Rock of Women". It had much to say about 'unmanliness', but you could read the whole chapter without ever finding out what he was actually talking about.
A rather strange chap, B-P.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm currently sick of fruit flies, they infested my kitchen bin. I've been clapping them out of the air, but had to resort to chemical warfare. Tonight, my tea tastes mainly of fly spray..

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'm sick of wasps.

They are everywhere and can't just leave anyone well alone. Had one round my head while in the loo, then got one in my shoe on today's ride (if you haven't already seen the write up). Don't know how I got away without being stung.:wacko:

The price you pay for the pleasant summer weather we've had I suppose.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom