anybody flooded ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Well I had a couple of drips in my workshop.

But enough of the neighbours......................no, fortunately I'm as dry as a bone.

Linford

They reckoned that today Gloucester was only 1/2 metre below the level of 2007 which nearly caused the whole county to be evacuated due to the risk of a sub station going pop.

HovR

Über Member
If the weather forecast is anything to believe, then the rain seems to have mostly blown over, although it's going to be getting cold in the next few weeks. Temperatures below zero are predicted.

HovR

Über Member
And in good news the water level of the flooded cycle path/underpass on my commute has receded by about 6". Only another 36 inches to go...

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Taunton's looking quite soggy but I only saw a couple of roads that are still closed. Hoping the large puddle on the main road recedes before it freezes later this week. :wacko:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
St Asaph is flooded, just watching the local news. It looks quite bad. we are just a few miles away but thankfully we are ok.
St Asaph is 10 minutes from me and its awful there. I feel so sorry for anyone who is affected, it must be awful having your home flooded. Luckily where I live is safe. Where I work is ok, but the river inbetween them is the one which has burst and flooded everywhere in St Asaph so I may not be in work tomorrow......:ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
isn't it time we started abandoning housing estates built on flood plains, and not building any more in the future?

Well now, if you're going to start with that defeatist talk. Obviously, we keep building, and the water will eventually give up and behave. After all we Must Have More Houses!

There's a plot of land next to the Fulford Road on the edge of York, that's been 'Acquired For Development' for several years - firstly by Persimmon, laterly by Hogg. It's next to Germany Beck. A Beck, people may know, is a stream. The road is probably only a few hundred yards from the Ouse, and the ground is all low lying. That part of the road is closed by floods at least once a year - twice now in the last 2 months. I don't know whether the developers are actually sensible enough not to develop it after all, or if the lack of building is just down to planning or financial constraints. Anyone building houses there that weren't on stilts would be mad.

asterix

Comrade Member
Well now, if you're going to start with that defeatist talk. Obviously, we keep building, and the water will eventually give up and behave. After all we Must Have More Houses!

There's a plot of land next to the Fulford Road on the edge of York, that's been 'Acquired For Development' for several years - firstly by Persimmon, laterly by Hogg. It's next to Germany Beck. A Beck, people may know, is a stream. The road is probably only a few hundred yards from the Ouse, and the ground is all low lying. That part of the road is closed by floods at least once a year - twice now in the last 2 months. I don't know whether the developers are actually sensible enough not to develop it after all, or if the lack of building is just down to planning or financial constraints. Anyone building houses there that weren't on stilts would be mad.

Beware visiting this post as it is in CAD :

..and how about the building companies who seize upon land that no-one, literally no-one, in their right mind would consider simply because it is in a high house price, schools catchment area. The fact that it is also in a high rain catchment area deters them not at all. Germany Beck for example:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9662959.Bid_to_revoke_Germany_Beck_planning_consent/

The site is almost undoubtedly under a metre or two of water as I write!

Top Bottom