Anybody going to watch the Eurovision Song Contest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The European grudge match is set to start soon with the competing countries desperately looking for songs and singers that won’t set your teeth on edge. This year being hosted by Liverpool having spent a vast sum doing so.
There are reports that Russia may try to sabotage the contest with a cyber attack perhaps by rigging the votes. Perhaps it’s because even if the Ukrainians field a group dressed in animal suits singing roll out the barrel in Ukrainian they’re odds on to win.
What do you think?

What do you think?

I think it's not until May 13, so you must be very keen to start a thread now!

Drago

Legendary Member
His hair died about 4 decades before the rest of him.

Back in the 90s when I was in TVP Wogan had a big pile in the sticks near Amersham. One evening a colleague of mine got sent to a job there, and upon arrival duly knocked on the door.

Wogan answered, bald as a coot. My colleague says, "Mr Terry Wogan", to which he receives the reply in that Irish brogue, "oh no, that's my Brother, I'll go and fetch him", whereupon the door closes.

A minute or so later the door was opened by the same feller, except now he is wearing a wonderfully skewiff wig, who says "Hello, I'm Terry Wogan!"

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not a chance - no matter how many promo slots the BBC run for it

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I would have gone but there's a train driver's strike and, oh.. I'm working, but I might listen on the wireless 😂

AndyRM

XOXO
Love Eurovision, for all its camp, glorious ridiculousness. Couldn't give a hoot who wins, I just enjoy it for what it is.

I was gutted that Newcastle lost out to Liverpool as the host city, but they're showing the semi-finals and the final in Time Square on a big screen. That's where all the queer bars are too, so I suspect it will be a pretty fabulous affair.

Top Bottom