Anybody going to watch the Eurovision Song Contest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
The Irish entry is pleasingly bonkers.

Reminds me of Golden Age of Grotesque era Marilyn Manson:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0sMzLPWJI4

What made the year before last contender so good? How does it compare with that? Because let's face it he would have won had events not been different in real life outside of eurovisionworld. We need to find what he had.

My first thought on that is personality that other countries like. That guy just appealed to people, a fan favourite who came from nowhere. This guy has been famous in music circles and is known. He's not got the same appeal as a personality around Europe I reckon. Mid table at best! Bear in mind we've got to get over the issue of not being liked in the euro vision world such imho makes a Sam Rider personality much needed.

AndyRM

XOXO
More of a performance piece than a song I thought. I suspect it's one where the judging panels will hate it and the public panels love it.

It'll go down well in the countries with an appreciation of metal, so the Scandi and Eastern European ones. It's not gone over well in Ireland from what I've read, with a few articles mentioning it being "woke" because the singer is non-binary.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Nope.

Top Bottom