Anybody going to watch the Eurovision Song Contest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Seems I was wrong, but I think they got the most votes from people rather than the judges - I still loved it anyway :smile:

Me too. I haven't stopped singing it since. Best song of the night.

I've not watched it yet but I'll have the radio show on catch up when working tomorrow, also I did realise Sonia performed as well - awesome!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
They made it look easy! So slick! Slide something off, slide something on! Boom!! The thing that took the longest was the platform for the midtime show that descended from the roof, that took a while to assemble but they genuinely looked so organised and smooth.

apparently whereas back in the day they'd mark all the positops of kit etc with tape, for Ev the stage is "smart" so at set change time the new relevant positions of stuff just light up so the stage hands can line it all up, then changes again for the next one etc. all set changes acheieved in under 1 minute. pretty impressive.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Beautiful.

Tweet_Dec-FwKBCveWIAAxhnJ.jpg

ricknmorty28

I usually watch this but this year i did not, I saw that they had a little concert on in liverpool which I wish I had got tickets for

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Seems I was wrong, but I think they got the most votes from people rather than the judges - I still loved it anyway :smile:

lost track of which country, but Finland got the biggest share of the public votes by some distance, although not as many as Ukraine got in 2022

icowden

Veteran
apparently whereas back in the day they'd mark all the positops of kit etc with tape, for Ev the stage is "smart" so at set change time the new relevant positions of stuff just light up so the stage hands can line it all up, then changes again for the next one etc. all set changes acheieved in under 1 minute. pretty impressive.
Yep. It's like the lighting. Back in the day you'd have fixed lights with set colours, so you had to have hundreds of different lights and build up lighting scenes that you could turn on. These days the lights can rotate, spine and change colour, so you set it all up on computer instead.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)

Erm, unless there has been some major tectonic plate shifts and fundamental changes to how governments run:
1) We are still in Europe
2) Eurovision has stuff all to do with the EU
3) A song contest has stuff all to do with economic and social cooperation.

Second-rate culture wars / click bait. Go hide up your own backside, Tim.

Top Bottom