Anybody going to watch the Eurovision Song Contest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know if every Eurovision has the fan village with free concerts all through the week ? The Liverpool one was immense with shows on day and night. I was walking the dog on Friday and amazed at how loud someone was having a house party.

Weird thing was I couldn't work out where the party was.

After a mile of walking it was even louder - and then it clicked. It was from the village on the pier head. I could hear the songs now rather than just the bass. It's 4.8 miles from my house to the village!!

icowden

Veteran
I like it, and I think it'll definitely do better than last years truly abysmal effort. From second to second bottom in a year was quite a turnaround.
Same here. I thought it was catchy. I agree with the BBC reviewer that it needs a bigger ending - but to be fair we haven't seen the live version yet, only a heavily edited studio recording. The song seems good though.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd resurrect this one.

Here's our entry for this year, Olly Alexander with Dizzy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNUj7kvn2w

I like it, and I think it'll definitely do better than last years truly abysmal effort. From second to second bottom in a year was quite a turnaround.

It’s alright but I’m not sure it’s got winner written on it.

AndyRM

XOXO
For me, it passes the "hummable" test and the hooks are good. But it doesn't have the "knock your socks off" element that it needs. Particularly as the song goes on. It's almost as if the writer had a good idea for a start but never finished writing it.

Yeah I think that's a pretty fair assessment. Starts off with a really strong Pet Shop Boys vibe and peters out a little. Might be a different story live because he's a good performer.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Oil give it foive.

Screenshot_20240301-132336.png

Top Bottom