Anybody going to watch the Eurovision Song Contest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Fair play to the Swedes. But totally forgettable song.
The arena wanted Finland to win.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Bet she is 'bursting' !

Cheeky monkey! But I literally did burst! Walked in, got totally overwhelmed and started crying! (Got chatting to a security lady and she said my reaction wasn’t unusual). And then they played Ja Ja Ding Dong and I could have gone home happy at that point!

It was the most incredible night! My faves were Norway and France - I don’t know how France came across on TV but she was incredible! And Norway’s song was an absolute banger with pirate vibes that I loved!

All the singers were phenomenal! The half time show was fantastic with You’ll Never Walk Alone bringing absolute chills! The crowd favourite was definitely Finland , I think everyone was a bit disappointed that Sweden won.

I don’t think I’ll sleep for hours! What a night! Here are some really poor quality photos!

Attachments

• IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4699.jpeg
    IMG_4699.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4717.jpeg
    IMG_4717.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4729.jpeg
    IMG_4729.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4740.jpeg
    IMG_4740.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4788.jpeg
    IMG_4788.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 2

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My fave was Austria's Poe song.
I think the juries voted for Sweden just because it was Loreen. I can't even recall the song it was so unmemorable. And she seemed like she was high on mushrooms! Still that's eurovision!
😂

Cathryn

Legendary Member
My fave was Austria's Poe song.
I think the juries voted for Sweden just because it was Loreen. I can't even recall the song it was so unmemorable. And she seemed like she was high on mushrooms! Still that's eurovision!
😂

The song sounded great and she was superb but I think its success was due to a long marketing campaign! And she was indeed wasted!!

Julia9054

Guru
Watched some of it on the telly.
I'm interested in how they do the set and staging changes between the acts. Looks like a logistical nightmare.
Obviously from a TV audience point of view, we cut away to film clips and presenters at that point but what was it like in the venue?
I'm watching for the camp and bizarre so Finland, Moldova, Croatia and Germany were my favourites

Drago

Legendary Member
As host broadcaster it is estimated to have cost the Beeb 21 million.

If the sets on EastEnders start to look a bit cheap and shaky in the near future you know why!

icowden

Veteran
I tried working out how the UK only got 9 public votes and Finland got 376, but became bamboozled. What a complicated scoring system?
It's because we sent in a song that was OK and performed in a way that was OK but not that exciting, plus the singer didn't have enough arena experience and looked a little nervous. Winning countries often send in big stars.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Watched some of it on the telly.
I'm interested in how they do the set and staging changes between the acts. Looks like a logistical nightmare.

They made it look easy! So slick! Slide something off, slide something on! Boom!! The thing that took the longest was the platform for the midtime show that descended from the roof, that took a while to assemble but they genuinely looked so organised and smooth.

Top Bottom