Anybody got a Henry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
They're brilliant I got 2 of them, one for work had it years and a best one for home. £95 in Asda.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Be careful which model of Henry you buy. One of the best is the HVX200-A2 (according to Which?). I forget which model we have but I'm pretty happy with it. We've also got a Miele Classic C1 Junior Powerline which was £20 cheaper and is at least as good if not better.

Mrs M

Guru
We had a Henry, recommended by my neighbour who's had his for over 20 years.
Suction is very good but cumbersome to drag around. We put it in the flat and got a Vax Dynamo instead.

gbb

Legendary Member
I have a probably 15 year old original type a Henry for work, basic, no cord rewind, brilliant suction, bulletproof, heavy duty motor.
What you get now is effectively the same but with a lighter duty motor, that said it's fine.
Theyre not bulletproof nowadays either. I've fixed a few cord rewind breakages and replaced a few motors over the years with various ones..but TBF, it's quite achievable for anyone with any diy skills.
Carpets with longer pile, ours at home has a turbo brush, noisy but it works well.
Got a dog ?...ours stinks (the henry) I think it's the dogs hair etc in the hoover. Never had a problem with any other hoover but TBH it stinks at times.
Ours is prone to toppling over as you pull it along, mildly annoying.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I have a Ridley who is very hairy. As a consequence my deep pile carpets are very hairy. Unfortunately Henry isn't very good on hairy deep pile carpets, so I tolerate the Dyson things which seem to work well for a couple of years then self destruct. On the plus side they are reasonably easy to work on, and parts can be got easy enough.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
On occasion I have used a Henry at work, they see to be ever present in the cleaners' cupboards, was not too impressed.
I like a Vax: my first one lasted 18 years!
Get with bag, I find bagless hoovers hard to clean properly.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
We have a Henry and it's good; the long hose (great for cleaning the stairs) makes it a bit cumbersome to carry up/down those same stairs; the tubes on the end of the hose have a habit of disconnecting themselves too (though Mrs Scoosh doesn't find this :scratch:).

screenman

Legendary Member
Of course. He has had it for years. Its not difficult to figure out how to clean it. :laugh: he thinks its good. It's just my opinion that its rubbish. Although he has never used it on carpets, I have.

Well you never know with men, anyway I agree they are not the best on carpets which is where we use the upright.

screenman

Legendary Member
I seem to remember us having a Henry with a powered head, although it may be a dream.

I know for sure one of the vacuums will be charging around the house at 5am tomorrow, as they do every day.

Top Bottom