Anybody got a Henry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Washing machines, I can fix them when broken but using them is rocket science.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
After being very underwhelmed by a couple of Dysons over the years, I bought one of the contractors style Henry with the extra power, absolutely brilliant and bomb proof. It is a bit of a pain to drag around and pick up when it falls over though.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
When I was restoring the Triumph TR7 I had, I used an old George (or possibly James - Henry's bigger, wet-and-dry brother) to hoover up the rust, scraps of sheet steel trimmed off repair panels and grinding dust and didn't manage to kill it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you get a Henry, don't be tempted to get some no-name replacement bags on Ebay. Get genuine Numatic ones. Some of the suspiciously inexpensive ones are barely permeable to air, with a result that the gizmo barely sucks and the motor overheats.

I know this. I'm just having to replace one of the motors of the Numatic industrial vacuum that I use at work because I was a cheapskate.

We have a dyson and a henry. I go for the henry every time.

I have a George for the workshop. Like @marknotgeorge drill/lathe swarf, grinding dust, it all goes in there.

The wife has a Kirby for the house. Polished aluminium, sealed steel bearings, power assist drive, and there's
something so cool about a rub down with Solvol Autosol. It's like owning another bike.

The other day there was a wake held at the local working mans club and they were cleaning up afterwards with
a Dyson Ball thing. It passed over a sausage roll end twenty times before it had ground it into the carpet.

Paul G

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
They seem to be good value for just powerful sucking, which sometimes is all you want. No point paying more for bells and whistles you won't use

Globalti

Legendary Member
While rebuilding our house we ruined a Hoover with all the dust so went out and bought a Henry and he's been with us for 11 years now. Agreed he falls over easily but he does a fine job with all kinds of filth.

My local washing machine and vac repair shop has a forest of sad looking Dysons, taking up the entire front of the shop, about 30 to 40 of them, all awaiting spares and repairs. Dyson's genius was in making a cheap vac that rewards the user by showing them the dirt they've collected, which makes them feel good. In fact they are a piece of garbage and much less efficient than a standard vac with a bag and filter. Dyson's not bothered; he retains a staff of 50 trades and craftsmen at his mansion just to maintain and improve the place.

Top Bottom