Anybody got a Qooker tap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Another bright idea that looks like a disaster in waiting - we supplied one of these to our plumber who handed it to his apprentice and told him to crack on. Last thing I saw the lad was sitting on the floor surrounded by bits and staring at the instruction booklet with a bemused air. It's all gone in but there's a cable hanging down with a jack plug on it, which doesn't fill me with confidence that the job has been done right.

If it has been messed up, can the tap still function as a normal tap?

The cooker hood extractor has a freezing cold draft coming down it because they just cut out the core, stuck a plastic pipe through without any sealant and stuck a plastic grille on the outside. Followers of my breakdown thread will understand that this all fills me with a deep feeling of dread about this house build.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Another bright idea that looks like a disaster in waiting - we supplied one of these to our plumber who handed it to his apprentice and told him to crack on. Last thing I saw the lad was sitting on the floor surrounded by bits and staring at the instruction booklet with a bemused air. It's all gone in but there's a cable hanging down with a jack plug on it, which doesn't fill me with confidence that the job has been done right.

The cooker hood extractor has a freezing cold draft coming down it because they just cut out the core, stuck a plastic pipe through without any sealant and stuck a plastic grille on the outside. Followers of my breakdown thread will understand that this all fills me with a deep feeling of dread about this house build.
It needs a 'one way' vent valve to stop air being blown in, something like this.

1606630809775.png

In relation to the cooker hood, get a plasterer in to make good the damage round the vent exit area otherwise it’ll be an entrance point for cold, creepie crawlies and little animals into the house.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Next disaster... the kitchen worktops were fitted before anybody thought to plug in the integrated dishwasher. Now what? I remember seeing the plug and cable draped over a cabinet cross-member behind the dishwasher waiting to be plugged in.

I mentioned it to Mrs Gti and she flew at me. "The plumbers will do it, stop doubting their ability!"

The growing problem with this accursed project is that the kitchen supplier has supplied and fitted the kitchen and utility without bothering to tell the electrician or plumber where plugs, feeds and drains were needed. It's stuff like this, which is making me hate this whole miserable project.

Last edited:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The builder is competent, working to the architect's drawings- it will all have been coordinated- first fix will have positioned where everything had to go- second fix will; be finished during kitchen fitting, unless you chose and ordered the kitchen without checking the kitchen layout with the builder and architect.

Trust them- they know what they're doing. It will all work on handover.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Should have been in the plans. If you’ve got no sockets below countertop level someone slipped up.
Did you ever, as a couple, look at and approve the plans?

Yes we did but the architect only did notional plans of the kitchen and utility. They were planned by a local guy who, it now turns out, has a dismal reputation for getting jobs finished. His product knowledge and CAD skills were good but actually fitting those designs was something else.

We should have chosen what we wanted from Howdens and let the builder do the rest. On occasions when we have he's done a great job and everything is in stock.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member

Jack plug plugs in to the top of the main unit and is to 'tell' the unit which tap function has been selected, mainly the boiling output.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yes we did but the architect only did notional plans of the kitchen and utility. They were planned by a local guy who, it now turns out, has a dismal reputation for getting jobs finished. His product knowledge and CAD skills were good but actually fitting those designs was something else.

We should have chosen what we wanted from Howdens and let the builder do the rest. On occasions when we have he's done a great job and everything is in stock.
Then let them get on with it, rather than second guessing their every move.......

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Next disaster... the kitchen worktops were fitted before anybody thought to plug in the integrated dishwasher. Now what? I remember seeing the plug and cable draped over a cabinet cross-member behind the dishwasher waiting to be plugged in.

I mentioned it to Mrs Gti and she flew at me. "The plumbers will do it, stop doubting their ability!"

The growing problem with this accursed project is that the kitchen supplier has supplied and fitted the kitchen and utility without bothering to tell the electrician or plumber where plugs, feeds and drains were needed. It's stuff like this, which is making me hate this whole miserable project.

View: https://youtu.be/v1dvAxA9ib0

Top Bottom