Anybody got a tattoo and if so what

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well, I have Japanese konji spelling out 'Rebecca' on my arm.
An ex girlfriend of mine from wayback.

I was once in Convent garden with my wifey, when a Japanese girl ponted at it and and said 'rebecca'.

Luckily wifey was not paying attention as I had said to her it means 'Daniel' my son's name.
Naughty I now, kept meaning to get it covered up, but far too way down the line now to get it done.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Brains said:
Old tats don't look good.

When I were but a lad,we used to sail with an old seadog in his 60's who, as kids, we assumed he had some of of skin disease.

His arm was covered in red and green blotches and welts.

In his late teens he had had a black, green and red snake drawn all around his arm with the head on his shoulder and the tail by his thumb.

50 years later all the black had gone and the red and green had faded and spread.

Old style inks did that, epsecially so if exposed to the sun.
I have had my tattoo's over 20 years now and they are still as bright and clear as the day they were done. Due to modern inks being used (and even better now since then also) and me not sunbathing & covering with high factor suncream.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Eeeh, I'll never forget the moment I discovered Dawn from Cardiff's daffodil tattoo.... [sigh] :smile:
and also wotsername from Canada's rose tattoo... [double sigh]
both a long time ago... had tattoos in 'intimate' places ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Brains said:
In his late teens he had had a black, green and red snake drawn all around his arm with the head on his shoulder and the tail by his thumb.

;)
I have this tattoo also, except the tail is wrapped around my wrist except on the thumb. It winds all the way up around the arm, finishing on my shoulder.

Mortiroloboy

User76 said:
7 Royal Horse Artillery.

Oh, the commotion trying to get the bloody horses out of the plane:biggrin:

7RHA, were you based at the barracks on Redvers Buller Road aldershit, and do you know Frazer Rowbotham?

Mortiroloboy

User76 said:
Yes, thats the place, the main gate was on Lytchford Road or something similar, opposite Motorcycle City! I don't know Frazer, which battery was he in?

That'll be Lynchford Road then! That gate hasn't been in use for ages, when were you there? Not sure which Battery Frazer was in , he's now the manager for South Coast Central Air Ambulance.
I wasn't in myself, my connection is that I have nicked a few 7RHA boys in the past though, Indecent assaults mainly...

Nearly had to scoop Frazer one night for BoP but managed to talk him into a situation where neither of us was going to end up feeling bad.

Maz

Guru
They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but when I see someone who is heavily tattooed (or pierced) it gives me the shoots...makes me think they might be a mentalist, loner, psycho, jailbird etc.

Maz said:
They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but when I see someone who is heavily tattooed (or pierced) it gives me the shoots...makes me think they might be a mentalist, loner, psycho, jailbird etc.
Waves at Maz....;)

Actually the piercings have all gone, bar one, and none of my tatts are on public display...

Plax

Guru
I personally can't stand tattoo's. I've never seen the attraction. Big turn off. My sister has got one on her lower back, I did try and persuade her not too. My dad has an eagle on his arm. He had it re-coloured a decade or so ago, but it has started to fade again. My taid had tattoo's all over his chest and arms. They were wrinkled and faded and just looked dreadful.
What gets me are people who have other peoples names written on themselves. Like, hello, what if you spilt up or get a divorce. My dads mate had to have one of his tats covered with another one because of this.

yenrod

> Anybody got a tattoo and if so what

A Body - a really big one - took about 9mths initally: and is growing all the time ! ;)

Mortiroloboy

User76 said:
I arrived in about 1983 when 4th Field were posted back to Germany, and we all moved over from Osnabruck. I was there until 1987 when I was posted to Larkhill for 3 years.

I assume you are an officer of the law (or an RMP:o) I only had a couple of brushes with your colleagues, once after an altercation with some workers from the travelling fair on North Camp common was quite memorable:blush:

Bit before me then I didn't get to sunny Aldershit 'til '99. Not a Monkey:o), they members of the travelling fraternity, who commit acts of dishonesty on a daily basis, otherwise known as TGB's can be a handful!

Kovu

Über Member
spandex said:
I have 3
1 when I was 16
1 when I was 18
1 when I was 21ish I think???

Did they hurt when you were 18?
My mate had it done when he was 18, never seen a lad cry so much.

Kovu said:
Did they hurt when you were 18?
My mate had it done when he was 18, never seen a lad cry so much.
Depends where you have it done. Anywhere near the bone will hurt and other bits of the body will hurt more depending on how many nerve endings there are there. My worst was the inside of my bicep, which was quite sharp...

But crying? Where were they tattooing him, on his hogs-eye? :wacko:

Top Bottom