Anybody had there house broken into

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

my old house was broken into years ago and they nicked my wallet and car. The car at the time was a company car and was a 2 litre ghia silver mondeo so it was quite fast and non descript. The car was used in the robbery of a bookmakers! Police held onto the car for months as well. wasn't a nice experience knowing we were upstairs sleeping and some ar$e is downstairs robbing you!

We were talking about it last night and I was reminded of a mate of mine who's flat was broken into when he was at Uni in Dundee. They took everything. Stereo, tele, video, computer, toster etc.... the also nicked all his CD's but lying on a pile on arm of the of his couch they left his Enya and Fleetwood Mac CD's :tongue::biggrin:

I had the front door of my flat kicked down a few years ago. Bastards nicked nearly all my guitars, my camera, my Dyson and my landline phone (?). They left my bikes though, I think they were just about to start on the stuff in the lounge when I came home and disturbed them.

yenrod

Not nice being broke into.

Had it done - very un-nerving.

Best not think of what was and keep those thoughts away - just work on the future.

gratts

Had our garage broken into, they took mine and my brothers bikes.
Annoying thing was we found out exactly who'd done it..2 17 year olds in my village..
Police searched their houses and didn't find the bikes so said there was nothing they could do. They were made to pay a stupid amount of compensation, about a third of the value of the bikes.
Would've loved to punch their lights out. Would probably get in a lot more trouble than they did though. :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not had the house done, but have had cars broken into and one stolen....

An ex. colleague had the back door smashed down and the house ransacked whilst the couple were awake upstairs.... They'd phoned the police and were told to stay in their room - there was a number of intruders and they were demanding the keys to the.......you guessed it...Impreza.......they weren't interested in the brand new mini cooper - they left that.....

Very frightening experience for them... luckily for them, the keys were downstairs...

My lock-up in the cellar in the block of flats I rented last year was broken into and the scum stole two rucksacks, two sleeping bags, an Exped airbed, walking shoes, tent, Trangia stove and bits, winter clothes and some more stuff.
When making a claim, a mate said I should claim for much more than was taken (I had actually thought to be totally honest about it) but he convinced me otherwise. When I received my compensation, it was £300+ short of what the value of the actual stolen items were worth!

Noodley

Greedo said:
We were talking about it last night and I was reminded of a mate of mine who's flat was broken into when he was at Uni in Dundee...

I got my stereo and CDs nicked from my flat when I was at Uni in Dundee as well.

...But I did not have any Enya CDs :angry:

sheva

Yes, 3 weeks ago. Twats took just about everything they could carry (and rode off on my bikes)

terry huckle

Had what the police locally are referring to as a "keyless entry" Entry effected by the burglars fashioning a tool to pass through the letter box and turn the handle on the inside of the door (we now lock ourselves in at night) Fortunately, they were disturbed by number two son`s alarm going off....he used to have a very early morning shift....so they didn`t get away with much.

More recently, my shed door was removed, being unscrewed at the hinges....thieves took off with my Trek 1200. Police not interested, and the Prudential did not honour the cover they claimed to be providing (would only refund to the extent of the price Halfords would replace bike with.....not a bike I wanted). Shed now has 3 layers of security...top one being tamper proof screws. I`ve also changed insurance company, at a far lower premium too.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Doesn't it make you glad to know that when they put the burglars before a court, they won't get the 14 year sentence that is available to the court, but will more than likely walk with a community order. So they can go out and do it again.

After all, what lesson are they learning?

Simple, 'I can burgle someone's house, and get away with a slap on the wrist'

Lock the f**king scum up for the full 14 years and the message of intollerance towards them will soon spread.

terry huckle

Comedy pilot

Personally, I favour the introduction of Sharia law where theft is concerned....at least you`d be able to recognise the scum just by counting the number of hands they possessed (or rather, didn`t)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
A few years back when I was living in a rather dodgy place, my mate downstairs woke up in the afternoon (yes, it was that kind of house) to see a massive bloke in his room with a carving knife in his hand. Luckily the guy was so surprised that someone was in there, he legged it...

ACS

Legendary Member
A good many years ago, our house got broken into. The lad forced the sash window, climbed in and started to rummage about downstairs. Our dog at the time, a large golden retriever called ‘Zak’ slept downstairs anywhere he felt comfortable. What our visitor did not know was Zak would let anyone into the house but would not let anyone leave. He would stand in front of them and growl and snarl, the whole lip curling, saliva dripping, ‘I am going to eat you thing’.

When matey boy decides that its time to leave he is confronted by the dog. He now has a problem, he cannot get out of the window and he can hear my dad coming down stairs. My father who was not a tolerant man at the best of times walks into the room, hands the telephone to the lad and suggests that he phones to the Police and request their assistance. The rest is history as the say; matey boy got 3 years in the Bar L (Barlinnie) because our local sheriff was allegedly screwed by the same lad about 6 weeks earlier.

Top Bottom