Anybody seen "sweating" on tubeless tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
People on STW like to argue..just like here..its a tyre full of sealer..it seals..
you can't see air leaking unless you ride underwater..sealer is easy to see..simples..

I wonder if this guy is looking for leaks?

picture-of-the-day-man-riding-bike-in-flood.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I wonder if this guy is looking for leaks?

View attachment 338588

I dunno, but he could have been having one and we'd never know.

CycleBoi

My Avalanche XX1X 29ER also has this problem, I put new Maxis Ikon`s on last month and it has been "sweating" ever since. My old tires were also tubeless but they worked fine even though they were cheap. So my guess is its maybe the tires themselves or the Stan`s cause i see alot of other people with this problem also uses Stan`s. The substence feels oily to me. Anyone have a solution to this? it doesn`t look good although they dont lose air its a hassle to keep
clean.:cycle: It usually looks alot worse bit I cleaned the sides just before taking the pictures.
20170907_161555_0.jpg

20170907_161559_0.jpg
20170907_161623_0.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
the ikons are very thin and mine sweat a bit.
some tyres are very good a show hardly any sweating and some look like a pin cushion with sealant oozing everywhere.
i know one thing ,if you have a good stab in a rear tyre and the sealant sprays all over your nice £60 Alpinestars shirt it ruins it...bloody stuff will not wash out.

Top Bottom