Anybody used mountain warehouse clothing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CommuterBen

Regular
My dad works for mountain warehouse and has just had some cycling gear in. He said its well made and well priced but just wondered if anyone in here uses it and how it holds up. Obviously ill get a bit of discount but if its not up to much I'd rather spend more money and have better quality products!

Ben.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i got a jacket from Mountain Warehouse, not a cycling one, just a raincoat... it was crap.

can you ask your dad to tell whoever designs their jackets to consider the average size of a human head instead of making the hood 20x too big :thumbsup:

I had a look at their cycling jackets a hile back, wasn't impressed as they had no vents and just that single silly pocket on the arse.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes. I have one of their long sleeve merinos and a couple of the jerseys. No complaints for the money. Their jackets are cheap and will thus be boil in the bag.
Also try cycle-clothing.co.uk also worth a look.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've a few items as there's a store near me.

The items are always a size too big; i.e. the Small is really a Medium. Getting an XS is also difficult there.

They're not brilliant items tbh in terms of quality and probably at Lidl/Aldi level.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Most of my cycling/outdoor clothing comes from Mountain Warehouse, apart from my dhb bib shorts, Ronhill tracksters and Altura jacket. I wear the l/s hiking tops as jerseys year round - nice and cool in summer, great as a layer in winter. The blue running jacket is ideal as an extra layer on days when it's too cold for just a jersey but a proper jacket is too much.

Their stuff's definitely not as good as the top branded kit but you wouldn't expect that for the budget. But it's still good enough for my needs - 6k miles last year and my only complaint clothing-wise is that several people in my group have also started shopping there so we look like we're sponsored by them...

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My Aldi cycling gear is a lot better than the MW 3-in-1 "waterproof" jacket which I had.

I wore the jacket in some moderate rain to put up tents for the Scout firework display. It was not waterproof at all and I got a soaking.

OK it was only £40 in the sale, but had it not been for a 40 mile drive to take it back, I'd have taken it back.

OP
OP
CommuterBen

CommuterBen

Regular
Mixed reviews it seems then! I might see if he has any samples and try them out! Will let you guys know how I get on! An I never knew Aldi did cycling equipment! Will have to take a trip up there later on!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Will let you guys know how I get on! An I never knew Aldi did cycling equipment! Will have to take a trip up there later on!

Aldi don't do regular sales - they're on certain dates. And you'll know about it since they'll be posted on here!

If you're after budget clothing, Tenn had an offer I posted in the Bargains thread last week: http://www.cycle-clothes.co.uk/all-products/?SearchTerms=espresso

Linford

Have a ski'ing jacket and a backpack from them. Good enough for my needs, abnd good for the money I paid (jacket was clearance, and still going strong). The backpack is used all the time, is about 3 years old now, gets used daily for moving stuff around, and gets a lot of abuse on the motorbike.

Top Bottom