Anybody want a new commuter..

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by potsy, 9 Apr 2010.

1. Norm

Norm Guest

:tongue: :blush:

But what on earth were you looking for to find that? :thumbsup:

Still, I noticed that the features include:
    Gender Unisex

I guess that the term "Ladies" is redundant now, and bikes with low top tubes are for anyone who wants to ride wearing a dress or a skirt.

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

Be fair though, it's £60

And no sus!

3. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

At least the wheels are alloy.

4. andyfromotley

andyfromotley New Member

lets not be snobby, £60 fine for people who dont have pots of cash. seems better than some of the other super cheap bikes.

5. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

That style never was a ladies frame, it's always been 'mixte' surely? After all if you are wearing knickerbockers anyway you don't need a dropped top tube.

6. irw

irw Quadricyclist

My eyes nearly popped out of my head then- I thought that said 185 gears!

7. snailracer

snailracer Über Member

It's advertised as a mountain bike, not a commuter. I would have rather more confidence in a heavy £60 MTB than a light £60 MTB, 'cos heavy=strong at that price point.

8. Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001 Well-Known Member

I work in a shop that sells second hand bikes - we accept donations of old, unwanted bikes, and refurbish them, and sell them on. I got my road bike for 60 quid from them. It's a carrera virtuoso, but with 18 speed gearing, as opposed to the stock 16 speed, and with carbon forks. It was in basically brand new condition, and i see no reason to buy a bike from tesco, when you can get a bike like that at the same price. rant over, my apologies.

9. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

I've got a new commuter...stuck at Waterloo at the present time but it will be home tomorrow.;)

35be92c.jpg

Date is wrong BTW it should be 8th April.

10. snailracer

snailracer Über Member

Not as good as the £60 bike, yours only has 2 gears :evil:

11. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Hack,

What colour is that bike and how do you rate the Charge Spoon Saddle.

I've ordered a Charge Mixer in Black. Wonder if it shows like yours in real-life. Yours looks nice.

Also, are those the stock Conti Sport Contact tyres or have you changed them?

12. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Errr grey I think...Haven't really rode it apart from on the testrun )(Waterloo Evans-Blackfirars Bridge and back round to Evans via Waterloo Station)....First commute on it Sunday at a guess.Will be setup for fixed.Haven't changed the tyres yet and they aren't Conti....I think they are Kenda but am not sure.Didn't really notice the saddle...seemed fine to me.

May leave the front for now but will test a Greentyre on the back.

13. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

14. OP
    OP
    potsy

potsy Birder

Excellent,should I order you one when I get mine:biggrin:
    And you get 5958 Clubcard points :blush:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice